Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that...you perceive the same way i do

when we filter the image.... this one i have reduced noise, the image turns soft and warm to our observation.

This may turn us more perceptive, having the idea the unit sounds warm and soft.

By an accident, this is the way that topologie sounds... and that images "forms, creates" into my brain, and maybe into yours, that soft and warm perceptive idea.

You see, we humans have some perceptive codes.... we have the message passed to others as something agressive or harshing..observe the next image i will post here.

This is a hell interesting..i will go back studying human perception, as this is fascinating me once again.

regards,

Carlos

You see.. seems agressive... seems hard or harshing...too much loud maybe...and it is the same amplifier, the image was adjusted different...noisy, grainy... watch and think about this photo and tell me what you thougth.

Attachments

• seems harshing, having agressive high end..jpg
    seems harshing, having agressive high end..jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 686
Here you can see a young woman with the head watching the rigth side, almost watching

from over it's own rigth shoulder.

Also, into the same image you se a very old woman...the entire image is her head... having the hand almost into the mouth and watching the floor 20 feet ahead.

Also into the audio we have such kind of illusions, our brain does that.

We can see both (when we are not sick).

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• optical-illusions.gif
    optical-illusions.gif
    3 KB · Views: 637
Dx amplifier is able to let you go deep into all illusions

we humans can have.

If we can be illuded watching images, we can listen the same way.... image and image's bottom relations (ratios) may illude us.

Watch this.

The small man dancing atop of the Coke bottle.

He is just distant and the bottle close to the observer...this is something we perceive when we "listen" sound stage.

That illusion of deepness into the listening field.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• illusion.jpg
    illusion.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 626
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hi Carlos

What puzzles me is how its possible that we see the same colours, the same variations

And we all hear the same sounds and so on

Well, we know that some see or hear just a bit more, but its close

As we are built differenly
Ears are different
Eyes are different
Yet we experience almost the same

I know the brain is doing the needed adjustments
Maybe not perfectly, but close
Its a mystery

Anyway, Im still working
Its the last exercise before the final
Trying to figure out the exact component size
Trying to make room for small variations
Its going slow

But still a long way to go
Need to build prototype to verify a good to go
Dont know whether I ever reach that stage
Still only an exercise
Maybe it will remain that

And its by far not as handsome as Gregs layout
Onboard supply caps aint exactly pretty to look at
But I will finish it anyway

Attachments

• outlaw final supply.jpg
    outlaw final supply.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 568
We do not see colours same way..also taste is personal

But we have learned that red is blood colour...and we see and recognize...also if people ask us to pick a red painted box we can do it....but you can be watching something blue.

We do not listen same way too...also taste different, and this explains why some folks loves pepper and other hate.

When very young you felt alcoholic beverage tasting sweet, and it is not sweet.

We just have learn the words to communicate..... everybody recognizes the sky as blue..but nobody guarantees some folks can see this different.

Also people adjust television screen brigth, contrast and saturation different...is this taste?...or differences in sensitivity?

Some folks says that we were apes, but some genetical experiences where made with us, by the alliens... some of us resulted alike chinese (yellow).... others white, others black, others red.... different in tastes, looking different and having different skills.

Well.....i came from Orion...and about you?

If you lye people fast discover and do not trust you... if you tell truth people also do not believe you.

ahahahahahah!

Carlos

Build a Dx Amplifier... the only way you have agreement with others... the sonic quality universal perception translator amplifier

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Though I have gained interest in Pass F5, I have decided to finish my layout exercise journey
And I may learn just enough to do other simple layout after this
After just few days with focus on F5 I realised that I had to almost start all over with this
From almost being able to do it blindfolded I suddenly couldnt make head nor tail of this

Anyway, this is how it looks at the moment
I have used a few below board connection, as it makes layout much simpler
A few bits a pieces still missing though

Attachments

• outlaw final.jpg
    outlaw final.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 369
F5

tinitus said:
Though I have gained interest in Pass F5, I have decided to finish my layout exercise journey

I have made both DX and F5. DX is far better.
F5 is special toy for highly efficient speakers that most people do not have. It is big, hot (but easy to make).

DX Corp has given us something that is very useful where F5 is interesting experiment not practical for most people.

Build a Dx amplifier, the ones have built will recognize the sound into the video

The awsome bass, the presence, clear undistorted highs... hundreds have built...everybody said felt happy with it.

- "Build the Dx Amplifier, still a winner topologie since the sixties, a guarantee of performance, realibilty, and sound enjoyment"

Dx Corporation Marketing Division, advertising number:
02pt-03jhhdsh3

Enjoy the youtube video...and listen the Dx audio.

regards,

Carlos

Build a Dx amplifier, the ones have built will recognize the sound into the video

The awsome bass, the presence, clear undistorted highs... hundreds have built...everybody said felt happy with it.

- "Build the Dx Amplifier, still a winner topologie since the sixties, a guarantee of performance, realibilty, and sound enjoyment"

Dx Corporation Marketing Division, advertising number:
02pt-03jhhdsh3

There are several bootstrapped clones down there, but the Dx Amplifier is the only one has "bahlahcohbahcoh"

Enjoy the youtube video...and listen the Dx audio.

regards,

Carlos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqvqty3vK_o

About the "balacobaco" feature

Balacobaco é a quintessencia de coisa nenhuma, um substrato de emanações etéricas catatônicas borbofânticas.

Balacobaco is the fitth essence extracted from anything... or a sub extract from fluídic waves from butterfly mixed with elefant.

Balacobaco est la quintessence de tout une
émanation de catatonie borbofantique ether et la realitè
ornitorrinique

Balacobaco ist die Quintessenz von allem, ein
Emanation von Katatonie borbofantica ether das einen realitat
ornitorrinica

Balacobaco es absolutamente nadie!

Just a therm, just a word to be kidding...all bootstrapp sounds almost the same..has an audio signature.

But i tried to make it the best i could..has no unobtanium, nor inexistium, just done it good!

Be happy folks... i am happy, as hundreds have built my amplifier.

Carlos

Balacobaco appear first time during the eigthies... Paraguai was a free duty place...we used to travell to Paraguai to obtain imported gods.... forbidden in Brazil during almost 15 years (National Industry Protection and Development Program)... the salesman there used all the resouces they had to fool you when buying their products... when comparing Videocassete machines, when one was almost the same as other, but the left side one more expensive..when the customer asked why...having nothing to say about..they used that word...balacobako (big magic, nothing, just illusion, fooling you therm)

Man!..... what a supply.... but it has a defect

Yeah... a defective supply this one yours.... the defect is that it is not inside uncle Charlie house.

Ahahahahaha.

the defect is that this beauty is not mine!!!!

Congratulations....great job!

Carlos

Here you can download high quality recording, using high frequency of sampling:

http://www.lindberg.no/hires/2L-RR1_192kHz/

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
danspy said:

All the oder Part,s I got already, only the Bord I don't no ware to get.

Cheers
Dan

I know Charlie dont like it, but anyway, a simplificated layout like this should be easy to do on veroboard, or whatever its called
Which was one of my goals doing it
Mind you, its not been built and tested
I dont think there are errors, but not certain either, as Im not finished

Just a suggestion, and only meant as possible inspiration
Study schematic and Gregs site carefully, and you should be able to do your own thing

Attachments

• outlaw final.jpg
    outlaw final.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 812
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Thanks Dan
I had thought such would be nice
I just tried it out
Oh boy, I could build several amps before I learn how to use that software

Right now I see my biggest problem is actually making the boards
And reason why I tried to do the layout so that hardwire would be easy
Its prepared for that

I have tried etching small JLH boards, sometime back in my youth
I found that the copper traces had been perforated
I may not have been good enough, I dont know
But I really dont like that
Well, you know, in tube amp building hardwire is the highest art
So, I guess no harm in doing that, if possible
Actually I have always wanted to try that

Maybe I will use a carving chissel
I have done that before too
But with much smaller boards
Its said that the vikings had a saw and axe at their belt
With those they could build anything they needed, anywhere in the world
Maybe Im just a mean old bad viking
Well, I know I am that
I built my first Lowther horns at the age of 12
I know Im a viking
Modern times is only making it hard to be
Not much work for an axe these days

I have thought about maybe spending some money on pro boards
But as you imply, that would take a lot better artwork, and thats obviously not for me to do such
The way things are Im not really in the right moode for it anyway
But if some would want to do that, be my guest
But obviously some think the layout is a joke, so maybe not a good idea anyway
Too hot for amp building now

But your response is much apreciated :)

I see that is hot at your home Tinitus..and you are in North Europe

Maybe hot weather to you is something that will make me feel frozzen...shacking my bones, and desperated to ligth some fire to heat my body.

I am very confortable here.... unbeliavable how a couple of degrees can make such enormous difference...not more swetting here...as temperature dropped 5 degrees into the average...now 25 degrées celsius and this is delicious...you can move you body, climb stairs and to whatever you want without be swetting.

Unbeliavable!... i can close the windows to sleep... was impossible to do that last month or i would be coocked inside home.

This happens here only during June and July... when we have rain everyday.... 10 minutes each day use to rain cats and dogs..enormous quantity of watter fell down..but stops very soon.

I hope you weather give you a break... then you gonna be able to produce, your horse shoe style of board.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.