Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, i do love it too.

Seems a higher power amplifier isnt?

We turn the volume knob and the one produces enormous energy without distort.

Yep...has astounding quality.

Ahahaha....mummified because thread gone many monthes ago...boards were shipped almost "last century".... a lot of amplifiers were made after this one...... mummified alike many others we have into our threads...alike Symassym (dustified, already dust)... Quasi (mummy too.... dead alive with the thread having enormous movement.....very impressive that)

Also Dx Amplifier...one more dead one that people forgot to put into the grave.... a mummy walking around.

To be exaggerated is my style...do not worry...your mummy will be working for thousand years (mummies does that!)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• funnymummy.jpg
    funnymummy.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 568
My Amp Works

Hi DX,

Thanks alot, this amp actually no problem, yes it will have high bias on output transistor when we dont put (output trans) it on test, but after i put both of em, now yea... the bias is stable and amp running smoothly hehehehe :D

I like this amp and will build another channel for stereo unit, i`ll post picture of this amp in action and playing songs "bass i love you" with great performance, you will see my speaker move in and move out :D

i`ve run it with +45 0 -45 without any problem, bd139 change to fjpf5200, tip41c change to mje15032, tip42c change to mje15033 and final transistor is 2SA1302(pnp) 2SC3281(npn).

Thanx alot DX your amp is rockin :D

Regards,
Azmi.

heheheheh.... i feel good!...and this is a song too

"I feel good"

thank you Azmi.

Brazilians are having fun.... people loves to play loud..here you have a low quality (audio) recording...no bass..but the one made said concrete brick wall were vibrating very strong..also tables and chairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISkjdhDh0M

regards,

Carlos

Re: heheheheh.... i feel good!...and this is a song too

LOL :bigeyes: Damn great, Its original Dx Amp?

tell me the specs.....

:D

destroyer X said:

"I feel good"

thank you Azmi.

Brazilians are having fun.... people loves to play loud..here you have a low quality (audio) recording...no bass..but the one made said concrete brick wall were vibrating very strong..also tables and chairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISkjdhDh0M

regards,

Carlos

Re: Yes... the Standard Dx amplifier..no modificatins

Hi Dx,

I`ll post my baby ur dx amp design, this thing can do job with great performance with right supply and right load impedance this thing can push hard and hard. Looks like it can handle more than 100Watts speaker :D

Azmi.

destroyer X said:

He used a big speaker ... the movie does not show the speaker .... and a mixer that has tone control.

nothing different than the amplifier (Dx Amplifier) you see into the Greg home pages.

regards,

Carlos

Re: I have burned a 150 watts speaker using it hard

Gzzz, i feel my speaker also warm at cone when playing hard, only with +35 0 -35 but not yet at full power because i`m not using any amp to abuse, i`ll use amp only with right way right setting right load impedance.

Dx, the output trans can be paralleled? I do simulation using NI Instrument it can but i`m not sure in reality the owner must be know better about this. :D and what you think if supply rails is +50 0 -50 for 8 ohm impedance? final trans will be 1302/3281, others will be rated at least 150v.

Yes i can tolerate at least with 1% thd with no problem.

Regards.
Azmi

destroyer X said:
100 watts into 4 ohms with very low distortion..bellow 0.1% THD

But if you accept more distortion.... more than 150 watts is easy to obtain...because clipped square wave carries more power.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Yes, you can use paralleled DC supplies...not a good idea to

Opppssss....

Dx, I mean the power transistor.....

regards,
Azmi.

destroyer X said:

to join transformer's second�ries.

Use the DC output..them join positive with positive, negative with negative and ground with ground.

No problem, kein problem, n'a pas de probleme, sem problemas, v� molto benne

Carlos

Sorry...yes... they can be paralleled....BUT.... include

an emitter resistance to each one of them..also the base resistance, the stop resistor.

Emitter resistance will appear in parallel when observed by the signal.... if signal had eyes, many ways to go...so you can use 1 ohm to each one (4 pairs).... 0.47 ohms when using 2 pairs..also you can use 0.33 ohms and even 0.22 ohms.

I think 0.1 ohms is too small as will be parallel..but can be used.

Having many pairs, you will not need 5 watts to each resistance... 2 pairs can use 3 watts... 4 pairs can use 2 watts..and more pairs can use 1 watt emitter resistance without problems.

Do not forget the base stop resistance..this avoids oscilation when the transistor has crazy capacitances into the base to emitter and when the output transistor has too much gain and when the output transistor is able to oscilate (modern ones are able, because they can operate till 100 Megahertz...and those frequencies allow them to oscilate...they do because they can!)

Spread transistors into the heatsink..do not install them too much close, not to create a hot spot somewhere into the heatsink surface.

I want pictures my dear... amplifier, bicicle, home, tree, dog, cat, ants, family, neighboor, automobile, motorcicle, washing machine, television, girl friend, electronics, trash box...road...avenue..everything interests me.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

But send pictures without copyrigth and with the added authorization to use, to publish, to see, to share, to divide, crop, split and so on.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Sorry...yes... they can be paralleled....BUT.... include

Hi Dx,

Oh okay, noted that... i`ll use 2 pair per channel and drive 4 ohm speaker about 150w each as your suggestion i`ll use 0.47 ohm for the emitter, also i`ll remember that base emitter.

Sure i`ll send picture and video with db test currently being processed because my camera capture it with .WBM file format, need time to find out the converter for it.

But its not fully assemble yet, its on testing mode, but if you want it of course i`ll send as many as you like which side you want just tell me, it`s your design nice amp, nice sound and nice energy amp.

Watch this :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8PLrHhBpc

Regards,
Azmi.

destroyer X said:
an emitter resistance to each one of them..also the base resistance, the stop resistor.

Emitter resistance will appear in parallel when observed by the signal.... if signal had eyes, many ways to go...so you can use 1 ohm to each one (4 pairs).... 0.47 ohms when using 2 pairs..also you can use 0.33 ohms and even 0.22 ohms.

Having many pairs, you will not need 5 watts to each resistance... 2 pairs can use 3 watts... 4 pairs can use 2 watts..and more pairs can use 1 watt emitter resistance without problems.

Do not forget the base stop resistance..this avoids oscilation when the transistor has crazy capacitances into the base to emitter and when the output transistor has too much gain and when the output transistor is able to oscilate (modern ones are able, because they can operate till 100 Megahertz...and those frequencies allow them to oscilate...they do because they can!)

Spread transistors into the heatsink..do not install them too much close, not to create a hot spot somewhere into the heatsink surface.

I want pictures my dear... amplifier, bicicle, home, tree, dog, cat, ants, family, neighboor, automobile, motorcicle, washing machine, television, girl friend, electronics, trash box...road...avenue..everything interests me.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

But send pictures without copyrigth and with the added authorization to use, to publish, to see, to share, to divide, crop, split and so on.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Sorry...yes... they can be paralleled....BUT.... include

Hi Dx,

Oh okay, noted that... i`ll use 2 pair per channel and drive 4 ohm speaker about 150w each as your suggestion i`ll use 0.47 ohm for the emitter, also i`ll remember that base emitter.

Sure i`ll send picture and video with db test currently being processed because my camera capture it with .WBM file format, need time to find out the converter for it.

But its not fully assemble yet, its on testing mode, but if you want it of course i`ll send as many as you like which side you want just tell me, it`s your design nice amp, nice sound and nice energy amp.

Watch this :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8PLrHhBpc

Regards,
Azmi.

destroyer X said:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

120 decibeis is strong to half volume

It is interesting you had not "too much" saturation into your camera microfone (very small hole to the electret condenser microphone.... maybe).... saturation is there..but we could not perceive the microphone unit hitting the end of it's internal movement range.

This measurement is made 1 meter distant...and speakers use to go to 100 into such kind of measurement and inside an anechoic chamber... a special chamber used to test speakers with a microphone installed one meter distance and pointed to the speaker center.... the sound pressure depends the distance...so.... near this way, it is normal to have high measurements... too much close i think.

Thank you by this video...i love those things..produce more!

regards,

Carlos

I Love DX Amp.

Hi Dx,

Your design is beutiful and low distortion, i love it, and flexible. I`m currently in process to finish mounting them into case, be patient i`ll post more picture and video, i`ll make many type of test, i`ve alpine, jbl and audiobahn on hand i`ll test them and get the result to post here, i`m plan to make car amp with DX design also i think this amp is awsome.

Best Regards,
Azmi.

Yes... it is special...nice design, excelent topologie..the one produces the best

sonic in my point of view...comparing it in my home, it uses to "eat a lot of famous brands" into the breakfast.

The circuit was first used to guitar amplifiers down the sixties..them all brands started to use it... the idea, the boostrapp... the differential input, a single transistor VAS without emitter resistance and decoupling capacitor, and a darlington output style... emitter follower...2 stages creating a single darlington pair...nice...very nice.

Them Sony used, i have one of the first ones...Sony 33...and them
Panasonic, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer and Yamaha (natural sound) started to use..... 80 percent of Yamaha models, even the new ones, uses this same circuit.

The difference i have made is the input and some tweaks for sonics...based into the Aksa 55 (the best amplifier i have listened) but without any secrets that makes Aksa the best...mine cannot beat Aksa.... i have to include some tips and tricks..them, joining Aksa design with my taste...i can have the best wide world amplifier....but the Dx Amplifier is not best possibility, nor the Aksa is be best possibility... i think a marriage, a junction into the two brands into a single amplifier can make the best.

My amplifier, the one you use (If i can call it mine) has not power on thump...this is the advantage compared to Aksa 55, ...also more power undistorted, not having the tube alike sonics and i have much more bass..when the Aksa 55 has special sound stage and special treble.

Circuit is flexible..can operate from 20 volts to 100 volts.... easy to make, simple, cheap and has very low distortion (0.03% THD...based into 1 Kilohertz and measured full power)

Input impedance is around 33K..and this is very good..sensitivity is fine...accepting 750 milivolts to full power...can work with 4 ohms without an aditional transistor pair till the voltage of 42 plus 42 volts... very flat from 5 hertz to 100 Kilohertz...nice animal..... a good companion... a nice fellow.

Into fourier analises it shows not harmonics...just the fundamental frequency.... the damned is a clear amplifier, without gimmicks, without CCS, fancy input stages, without double stage voltage amplifier, without E/I limiter, without mirrors, current sinks and all that modern stuff.......good without tricks and auxiliary surrounding circuits.

Dx amplifier gives you, always, double pleasant moments in your life.... the first pleasant moment is when you switch of your previous amplifier (the boring one!).... the second moment is when you switch on a nice Dx Amplifier... then your dreams comes true!

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.