Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be extremelly surprised, if someone that have readed the thread

come presenting doubts..... i am sure that doubts comes from the ones have not readed.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 443
What is damn dear Todd...is it a watter reservatory made to generate energy?

heheheh...why so nervous dear Todd...i just have colected those images to produce a slide movie about Dx Amplifier.

They are at hand..all them.

I have perceive that when thread started i had black hair.... see how is agging effect

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• when thread started i had black hairs.jpg
    when thread started i had black hairs.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 428
I am teaching my Orkut friends how to create Dx Amplifier modified amplifiers

So... each one of them have targets, as currents, voltages, those things to design the amplifier.... only DC calculation..only ohms law needed to force them to operate.

They are sending me amplifiers as gift... i do not know what to do with so many amplifiers...maybe i gonna eat them with ketchup.

I do not know how to do with them.... to assemble into enclosures i will need a new home only to store that stuff.

Also we cannot listen to several amplifiers at same time.... one each time....do not make sense to me to have a lot of them..waste of space i think.

ahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• orkut friend's design.jpg
    orkut friend's design.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 416
Have a very good nigth folks....the picture as made today morning

But it is alike nigth..... only the sun is in the opposite side.

regards,

Carlos

........................................................................................................

Doing this way...having hostage, i can have more resolution into images without waste forum bandwidth.... those images does not use forum memory.... well.... at least i hope so... do not know if forum backup uses all data or only the links provided not to use too much memory into the backup.

.......................................................................................................

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Damn is just an English exclamation a bit like 'ouch' but more versatile. For example, "Damn! I burned my fingers". It's an acceptable swear word.

In this case, it just meant, "Damn! I type too slow, Carlos enters 5 messages in the same time that I entered 1.

You could say "Damn! What am I going to do with all these damn amplifiers, damn it!??"

Water reservoir is "dam", with no 'n'. Damn English language! Damn dams.

..Todd

Re: I am teaching my Orkut friends how to create Dx Amplifier modified amplifiers

Hi DX,

Its clear for me now, errr.. after you make lots of useful explanation on the thread, so where should i connect the pin i think it has PIN A and PIN C, so connect it there?

Regards.

destroyer X said:

So... each one of them have targets, as currents, voltages, those things to design the amplifier.... only DC calculation..only ohms law needed to force them to operate.

They are sending me amplifiers as gift... i do not know what to do with so many amplifiers...maybe i gonna eat them with ketchup.

I do not know how to do with them.... to assemble into enclosures i will need a new home only to store that stuff.

Also we cannot listen to several amplifiers at same time.... one each time....do not make sense to me to have a lot of them..waste of space i think.

ahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Colector goes to point "A" and Emitter goes to point "C"

Take a look at the schematic...it is all there.

Are you sure you gonna build Norazmi?... it looks you are not too much skilled, as seems to me that you're having problems with some basic things, alike to watch and understand a schematic.

I wish you good luck..but i am afraid you gonna face some problems..well... we have to start with something to produce some smoke.... put a fire extinguisher near you as a safety procedure.

I am glad you have selected my amplifier to start to do those things..but at same time, i am feeling pitty about this amplifier destiny.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• look at the schematic man!.gif
    look at the schematic man!.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 540
Re: Colector goes to point "A" and Emitter goes to point "C"

Hi DX,

Thanks, Nah... Dont worry DX, trust me. Aha, u guess same point as you show now, and now i`m much confident, look... so thats why i`m asking to make sure before i make myself like pro, so better i`m asking you DX, its ok sometimes i`m looks like hehehe :D btw because of outside the board then i must be careful and the better thing is ask the owner of the board.

OK.... i`ll put anything LOL near me . Include bullet proof thing :D

Wish me with luck, i`m sure i`ll build this baby.

can i have 50W rms with 35 0 -35 Vdc at 5 Amp by using 2SA1302 (pnp) and 2SC3281(npn).

Regards.
Azmi

destroyer X said:

Take a look at the schematic...it is all there.

Are you sure you gonna build Norazmi?... it looks you are not too much skilled, as seems to me that you're having problems with some basic things, alike to watch and understand a schematic.

I wish you good luck..but i am afraid you gonna face some problems..well... we have to start with something to produce some smoke.... put a fire extinguisher near you as a safety procedure.

I am glad you have selected my amplifier to start to do those things..but at same time, i am feeling pitty about this amplifier destiny.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Yes.... 50 watts RMS at 8 ohms and 92 watts RMS at 4 ohms

with very low THD distortion...around 0.03%

If you tollerate more than that distortion level you gonna have even more power..... into 0.2% your power will be bigger.

Do not worry too much with power.... you will see, that after the first moments of happyness testing huge power, alike everybody you gonna set 2 watts each channel,because this is the most confortable level people use to play music into normal appartment or houses where you have 50 square meters living room.

Of course having more power...alike our 100 watts into 4 ohms, will be much better as you gonna have dinamic power to listen undistorted peaks and will be able to manage bad speakers, the ones have no efficiency (there a lot this way).

It is hard to find those transistor (not fake ones) in Brazil....i hope you are lucky..... distortion is sligtly better using them...also i found BC556 better to the input...but carefull using them...because pins are different compared to the 2N5401.

I am using, now a days, BD139 and BD140 as drivers.... they work better...BUT!... they are more sensitive to oscilations than TIP41 and TIP42.

Those oldies TIP41 and TIP42 does not oscilate into Very High Frequencies (VHF.... 30 to 400 Megahertz) because they cannot... they do not operate above...hummm..lets say.... 3 Megahertz...this turns the unit almost imune to Very High Frequency oscilations... they are not the best possible choice to the driver position, but they are the most safe option.

Also 2N5200 and complementary are much less addicted to oscilate.

regards,

Carlos

........................................................................................................

The amplifier is able to put out 20 volts RMS....but this depends the supply voltage drop....this happens when the supply is 35 plus 35 volts when the amplifier is draining 2.5 amperes each rail...total of 5 amperes (4 ohms loads....around 92 to 100 watts RMS depending on the distortion level you tollerate).... in the reality, supply use to have voltage drops...if you really want guarantee 50 and 100 watts, you must use 42 plus 42 volts supplies..voltage even dropping you give you the power you need and much more during peaks..... 30 plus 30 volts transformer (AC) will give you that voltage.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here's a picture I took a few minutes ago. I noticed the ones I have posted on Carlos's web site is of the orginal DX before Carlos decided to use the Vbias circuit. It shows the actual Vbias in place on my DX amplifier. Works well.

regards
Greg

Attachments

• dx amplfier showing vbias #2.jpg
    dx amplfier showing vbias #2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 733
Thank you Greg.. those board you have made are lovely

I am doing some other channels, this one will be low power stereo power amplifier..... i am still building...not checked, not tested..... not even finished.

I have to find two volume potentiometers...i want to have separated volume controls, one to each channel.

regards,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dx Amplifiers, a whole DIY line made for you

We don't mind to give you sound stage.... we want to "put you on the stage!"

A complete line of amplifiers tuned by ears... evaluated by listening tests and A to B comparison... inspired into the great performer, the Aksa 55 (without the secrets and sub circuits used that makes the 55 superior).

A complete sensorial experience... a lovely sound amplifier.

Build one and check by yourself.

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................

The picture is a home made unit...to produce not more than 20 watts each channel..will operate 20 plus 20 volts.

Was total manual work.... pen, rule and hard work...drilled with hand drilling machine...cleaned with steel brush...sanded with sand paper.... solder flux is there to cover defects into the copper lines (etching ancient process) and to give strengh... short circuit will never burn copper lines this way.

It was made to reproduce full audio range

of course you can, but you will have to provide an active or passive crossover to use it.

I have not tested..but here you have a suggestion to try..this will work into all amplifiers, not only Dx Amplifiers...this filter (send to ground) high frequencies and also some mid range frequencies (voices)

I think you may waste a very good quality amplifier (DHR Turbo) to reproduce only basses....but..... this is up to you.

Circuit UNtested!

regards,

Carlos

DHR Turbo thread is herer:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124931&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Attachments

• input filter.gif
    input filter.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 484
Picture not good enougth to search for errors.

regards,

Carlos

To allow me to help you, send me 6 Megabytes crispy focus image, without ligth reflections and without angle (perfect 90 degrées up vision, alike aircraft pictures).... picture must use macro function, a very good digital camera with at least 9 Megabytes with perfect exposure..unless i will not be able to help because image turns almost invisible to debugging.

The image must fill the frame entirelly not to loose pixels... no margins or frames around...only board into the image!...cannot shake hands, use a tripot and some ligth... avoid electronic flash...cannot switch it off?..them cover it with black adhesive tape.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

Attachments

• norazmi.gif
    norazmi.gif
    66.5 KB · Views: 338
Status
Not open for further replies.