Carlos

Attachments

• crazy.jpg
    crazy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 476
Just kidding, the old tradition to blame, the fest

Now a days i am Doctor Self Addicted!

I am using his hat

I am using his "T" shirt...i love Blameless and all stuff.

But i love to go kidding too...life is too much serious and i do not want to become old too much fast.

I am a 56 years old children.... i wanna to became old only when reaching 130 years old.

I am having problems to modify switching supplies, i want to have plus and minus 64 volts ... i am having frustration and destroying a lot of supplies trying ideas, watching schematics and trying things into try and error basis..... hummmm..sometimes i start to listen someone call me "idiot".... i use to put the supply into my ears to see if the offense is starting there....grrrrrr.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5551.jpg
    100_5551.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 519
Hi Carlos,

I think you are thinking the MJL3281/1302, only these have almost identical specs to the 2SC5200/A1302, 30MHZ devices, the MJL21194/3 are only at an ft of 4MHZ, I find no difference in sound except in perhaps the nth degree in which I lean towards the Motorola,now OnSemi devices, impossible to destroy one. The bad part is that they cost atleast double of what the Toshiba devices go for.. Glad to see you are doing well my friend!.

Colin

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
udailey said:

I was wondering if anyone has any 2SC5200 or SA1943 extras. Only place I can find them both is either EBAY and they are probably fake (all from Hong Kong or China) and also Mouser has them. Price for Mouser is not bad ( think it was 2.48 each) but shipping is killer so my total ends up around $17 before I even buy an extra or two incase of smoke :)
Uriah

Hi Uriah,

Digi-Key also carry them. Pretty much the same price, but it's a decent price, and they are definitely not fake. No idea about your shipping options though.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=2SC5200-OQ-ND

..Todd

How many different versions of DX amp are available ? I know that there are DX amp and HR 2 and precision amp. Is there any other ? This thread is so huge i have trouble locating info.

I would like to build one but i dunno wat to build. Can anyone help me choose ?

I have been using my pioneer receiver 1015TX all this while listening to music and watching movies. I got bored of the receiver.

Those are the three amplifiers made.

Dx Standard, no boards provided into group buy.... 50/100 watts RMS...huge bass.

Dx HRII.... 35/70 watts RMS..... huge treble

Precision 1..... 170/270 watts RMS.... Huge voices.

This do not means do not have other frequencies, this means what comes to your ears first..what you will perceive, instantaneously when start to play the units.

You have many variations into those amplifiers, differente voltages into the supply are the main variations, the topologie and schematics has small modifications shown into the long thread.

Dx HRII and Precision I (one in ROMAN LETTERS), are offered by Nico, into the group buy thread, the adress is below Nico's posts (NORDIC)

No!... the amplifiers, those amplifiers are not perfect, designer not perfect, world no perfect, boards not perfect, circuit not perfect... the one will listen not perfect too....just a good product inside a non perfect world... where an old amplifier turns boered to our ears when time passes..so.... nothing perfect.

regards,

Carlos

Once i said to myself "what a hell, that stuff is not perfect!"

Even already knowing that there's no perfection in this world... everything follows laws of probabilities, possibilities, chances.

Sometimes seems someone is playing with numbers.. controling them to be always randomic... as there are things that influences game's results.

I found that i could go more near perfection.... i have made a very powerfull Dx Standard to bass.... a HRII to treble and the Precision to voices (made it lower power to avoid dinamic peaks)

Was wonderfull, very hard to ballance controling volume..but i have made something that made me feel "strong emotions".... but was not perfect.... i found not perfect.... and i was asking to myself why not perfect?

I found that i do not know what is perfection, i have never listened the perfection in sonics... the alive reproduction is something awfull, i think something worse than perfect, reflections, reverberations, noises, unballances of tones, winds actuating, people heads in front of me because the crowd around...children screaming, people drunk and bad educated talking loud seeming crazy parrots.... so.... i have never listened the pure sound...maybe a stream of watter, the japanese waterfall into Sony Vídeo Demonstration tapes.... hummmm...not perfect audio those early days.... video tape was analogic those days.

So...if i do not know what is perfect, how can i evaluate perfection?

We just cannot.... we can compare, and evaluate the one is better in something...maybe bass.... maybe treble...maybe distortions...maybe sound stage..... but perfection?

Maybe when we switch off sound, late into the nigth, listening the silent whisper of the wind, the small animals and the leaves touching one each other....maybe.

Hugh Dean, my master, my teacher, use to make more ballanced amplifiers.... i think more near perfection.

Mine are not perfect.

regards,

Carlos

Thankz. I have chosen to build the DX standard amp. I love bass. I believe that the DX amp will trash the pioneer amplifier which is a integrated chip.

I have started sourcing the materials but i seem to have a huge trouble locating 2SC5200 and 2SA1943. Maybe will have to substitute with other stuff like irf640 which i think i came across somewhere in this thread.

Those IRF640 seems to be FET.

I really doubt you found my amplifiers using Fets into the output or anywhere...hehehehe.... i think you have not... they are lovely for switching, as the low saturation resistance makes the one perfect to switching... also need enormous voltage to bias..hummmmm... i am trying some here.... i love BGTs, you know, passion is passion.

The Dx Standard, is beeing used in Brasil biased to 75 volts.... very strong..of course with a lot of modifications into the output pairs, the heatsink dimensions, some resistances replaces and almost all transistors changed to other models that can face higher voltage, and in some places, higher current too.

The Dx Standard bass is long..... loooooonnng!.... alike a drum barrel.... alike a distant thunderstorm... looooong!... loosen...uncontroled (not too much), beautifull and not too much respected into our audiofile community....well...they do not respect but use to listen.

ahahahahahah!

Carlos

Wanna a more precise bass..controled, precise?

Go to HRII or go to Precision.... with the HRII you gonna have beautifull treble too..but very low power..... the Precision one will allow you to make a fast demolition into your home...but the treble is not so present the way we can have into the HRII.

Well..if you do not compare them...all them are fine!

Carlos

The thread is alive again :)
Thanks for the responses about the 2sc5200. It was not available on Digikey less than a week ago. They had no stock. Now they do :)
I had gone to the OnSemi or MicroSemi site, forget which, and found that Mouser is one of their sales channels. I ended up buying 4 of each from Mouser.
If you need caps Steve at www.apexjr.com has lots of them for really cheap. Rectifiers to, which you will need. He also has some nice transformers at better prices than almost anywhere. Plus he is a member of the DIY community and supporting him is a nice way to repay his help around here. I notice him more in the loudspeaker section but I have not been around here long so he could be posting everywhere.

Uriah

ps It seems that my daughter (2yrs in May) is a big baseball fan. We watched the Red Sox lose to the Yankees last night and she had so much fun. Clapping and singing with the crowd :)
The weather was great today so we got to do some spring cleaning outside. Bought some Koi for the small pond in the backyard. Another thing she finds fascinating.

edit: Taj, sorry about your house. Make sure to get a roof over that amp before it rains or it will be a total loss :)

Hello Udailey, good to have you around.

Sorry your home TAJ, ... the amplifier is really powerfull, i forgot to tell you to open, at least, one door to allow air expansion.

But you have not obbeyed uncle Charlie Taj!..... i said not to go more than half volume..

ahahahahah!

My daugther loves to read your posts TAJ, your good mood... heheheh..your wife has competition into the area man!..... Larissa is studying english and told you are "uma gracinha"

And this is a wonderfull thing TAJ.... means "nice and sweet"

Larissa is studying english...now into the third year...will have to study 8 years to have the degree.... she is doing well.... can read forum posts!!!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5605.jpg
    100_5605.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 399
Have to laugth with all those beauties around me

It is hard to stay into bad mood for too long.... very difficult, they use to put me to smile.

This one is half daugther, my wife daugther from her first marriage...but was living with me for 17 years long.... almost a daugther in my heart.... she is now in spain studying laws

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• daugthers.jpg
    daugthers.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 373
Status
Not open for further replies.