Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carlos,

Component size is related to manufacturer and what it is possible to obtain in whatever part of the world the amplifier is constructed (welded). 250VDC is likely to be tough enough for for a typical domestic amplifier.

This is a pic from my amplifier prototype.
The 250V red C has 10mm lead spacing; the R is a non-inductive thick film (TO220) with 5mm spacing.
The other red Cs are 470nF@63V.

I would agree with making the PCB a little larger; not everyone can easily obtain the exact sub miniature parts necessary, and a more generously spaced layout helps novices to follow (understand) the circuit. After-all, size does not affect reproduction quality as much as an incorrect compact one could.
The star ground needs priority, and that means several tracks.
(Should be called an 'octopus' ground !)

Cheers ......... Graham.

Attachments

• zobel.gif
    zobel.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 779
All rigth folks...you can enlarge your boards when printing...just order your printer

to increase your size.

There's an idea hidden under that size...to put them inside enclosures as 6 independent audio channels...also to install them inside Automobile Amplifiers case...for those mobile powerholic.

Greg will decide the best size following the idea...the Philosophie that based his work.

But of course, if he has time enougth to make a customized enlarged units, for people that use glasses...alike me!!!....will be welcome too.

I hope folks are asking bigger size to construct...ahahahha..please, do not ask customized shapes not to construct....grumpf!

Having not the intention to construct...tell us than we will send you a banana. ( a gift..good to eat with cinamon and suggar)..ahahahah...means in Brazilian popular portuguese language...."do not bother us asking things for nothing."

Soon we will have Raj boards...also Klaas boards and Greg boards... a lot of options.

Suggestions made are positive...and Greg are fishing those things to produce the last Dx amplifier, Official board.... friends will give other options too...and this is very good, this way people will try the one they like.

regards,

Carlos

Curry!!!...really?....we use here different.

Curry here is used for Chickens only...frite chickens.

Go on with your fun....Greg is a nice guy...but he may work to match your needs...he is kind enougth to try to make you happy.

He will be working alike crazy...tell him you are kidding..... imagine if each forum friend decide to ask a different board size?

No!..he is not stupid....the opposite...very intelligent and clever also...but he is very sensitive and may work for that if you do not tell him that was kidding....also because the idea here is to accept forum friends ideas till this board turns ready...that will be the dead end time for ideas for the boards.

The schematic is already finished...but people can use their ideas during their own construction.

By the way dear Nordic....that FET amplifier you have constructed, is it to speakers or headphone or you are using it as a pré amplifier..output is small enougth to a pré amplifier...but i have simulated and it could work over 8 ohms too....and with some resistance adjustments...worked very well!

Dx amplifier is the only amplifier that can be, in the same thread, with many other amplifiers without feel afraid of them!...hehe...not only good...also "A self confident amplifier!"

regards,

Carlos

Hi uncle Charly, yep with bigger heatsinks, or even the ones I have now, as it is not running as hot as the hybrid amp. I saw a version biased to 625mA but it uses a 20W resitor... probably sounds very good, but thats alot of heat for the job.

Mine is supposed to be biased with 168mA... sadly I cant get the voltages right, then. So I just turn the pots till it sounds best... have to wat a week for multiturn pots...will help alot I think, very small adjustment makes giant diffirence in sound.

It is only planned as a headphone amp, but if I can tweak the last few problems out, it wil be my next preamp. I just love the sound of one mosfet clapping. In most things I find the high frequencies irritateting/silvered over... these fets have the smoothnes of valves, and one hell of a punch... first time that I could hear barrel-like big drum sound on a song I know well today...

Greg, just make it work... if needed I'll do the next stage...

Nice that Nordic....you could hear that drum.

Try Dx amplifier...you may listen to the grass growing sounds... maybe the cocoroach complains!..that one was surprised walking inside the drum while the drummer started to play.

ahahahahah!

I have simulated your amplifier....nice one!

I would love to visit you in your place to listen that amplifier...i am very curious about....but...people told me your place has Lions...hehe

thanks,

Carlos:happy2:

Attachments

• funny.jpg
    funny.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 691
All rigth...this is because a friend had borrowed my Dx amplifier unit to make

comparisons with some amplifiers....and i have interest to know the results of comparisons he will make with one of those units he has..it is one 100 watts NAD amplifier.

To compare, and kill my own curiosity, i will have to construct two...your unit and another Dx unit...as i think that my friend, after listen to it, will not bring it back to my home anymore.

In the future i will have to make one more to my personal pleasure.

hehe...you have bougth two tuners?...this seems fanatic...well..we are all fanatics.

regards,

Carlos

lol well I got one for free with the other one, which even includes small amp with 8ohm outputs , headphone ouput, linelevel output, FM/SW radio, aux and phono inputs, volume and balance controls.... and it all works!, Will recap the PSU though, it looks like eary 80s late 70 National. If I stack all my amps and stuff it willl be higher than me - which wants to be done !

Hey!.... if a nice old bootstrapped circuit...make a copy of the schematic and send

to me... i love those old schematics.....because they sound nice.

Also send pictures of those units too.

nanabrother@yahoo.com

Well...the Web cam or Celular phone camera you have is enougth for a presentation...my inbox will acept them gladly.

Dx amplifier...the only one has the new SS BAG... Super Simple, Better Audio Guaranteed.

regards,

Carlos

Good to see this thread is still cooking :)
Fired up the second channel today, using mjl21193/21194 as outputs, bd243c/244c as VAS/drivers.
I like these mjl's , very strong and not eager to oscillate.

Carlos, regarding your post #451 , i would add saying thanks to you and Lineup !
I't's you who cranked the engine and got it started.

Greg, good to see your pcb-design :)
Just a small remark: Clearance under c12 seems very small, would it be possible to use smaller solder-pads for c12 to increase clearance ?

I'm still grinding the beans :D , so don't hold your breath waiting on my pcb.
Will be investigating vbe-multiplier and effect of emitter-resistors.
These are deviations from original DestroyerX-design, so i won't report on them extensively to avoid confusion.

With kind regards,

Klaas

Interesting research Klaas...i feel happy that you have the correct

idea about those things.

"Do not trust...do the tests by yourself"

This is great!... i will be happy to listen your thougths in the future.

Please...having two channels.... make modification in one of them only...this will be better to make comparison..them..just put one speaker above the other and things will appear more clear.

This word is excelent...to cranck.... the engine....very interesting word.

You, Klaas, will make my work...and please..go ahead and do it..as i have no more Dx amplifier in my home...a friend had kidnapped my amplifier.... the VBE multiplier may need adjustments to make adjustments easier...and those modifications will be needed and you certainly will make them for me...thanks in advance.

The VBE multiplier was not tested real life..only calculated in DC, using ohms law, and tested using Simulator...but real life may ask some work there.

About Cranck..i could not find translation..but may be two gears aligned (that alignment movement) that will result in movement transmission.... something about machines..speed gear in vehicles..automobiles and trucks.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, a friend stole it :eek: ?
You have to get it back !

I cannot easily do ab-testing in the way you proposed, because my loudspeakers are floorstanders weighing almost 65 lbs, hauling them around on a regular basis is not my idea of fun.
(i'm six-foot-three, weighing only 140 lbs)
But don't worry, i get the idea ;)

Cranking an engine is what you did in the old days to start it, before electric starter-motors were invented.
A crank looks like this:
crank.jpg

With best regards,

Klaas

Ahahaha!..finally i have discovered the name of this nice tool

I think this movement..ancient world...to cranck an engine as something very nice.

I am happy....can you believe?...because now i now that.

You need big Fat Charlie Help...i am 184 centimeters tall....5 foot and something i think...and 360 pounds...half muscles half fat...strong enougth to lift a car...but fat!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• frogenthusiasm.gif
    frogenthusiasm.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 675
Morning uncle Charlie
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Have you ever listended to any of the ZEN amps?
I stumbled back onto Nelson's DIY site last night, and was bowled by how similar it was to my little headphone amp.

Needless to say I got very interested in trying it as soon as I can find such huge heatsinks cheaply... efficiency is something like 4%.., if it sounds anything like the headphone amp, it will be VERY hard to beat.

If you think it is a good amp, I may build both, to compare.... also not a big diffirence in power... Time to get some high efficiency fullrangers.

Don't you just hate evolution.

Feedback on the radios, the small solidstate one is quiet, probably not worth fixing... has nice working transformer in beautifull removeable metal cage, its no big loss it is a mono jobby anyway - the case has a vynil woodlike top and real wood sides, insides lined with metal plates. And the other one is playing through my amp right now... man I missed radio!

Will take some picks when I recap that one... I assume one of the small rusty metal transistors on the dead radio died, as PSU works after recapping... lol giant low value caps in there- how things changed.

I will answer you soon... i will let moderators forget that i have already three

non electronic images in our posts...one after the other...they may be in their limit of patience.

So...i will make a small break, will enter with electronic image...and them will answer you dear Nordic.

I want to tell you, Nordic, that i use junk to obtain good resistances....of course they are hard washed and tested..dismounted, selected, separated and constitute my precious materials...hehe

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_5125.jpg
    img_5125.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 658
Another very nice friend, called RAJ, sent me his pretty work made for Dx amplifier.

This one is without the VBE multiplier... a standard amplifier.

But he is making another board, as option for our forum friends, having the VBE multiplier inside the board..not as an optional, separated board.

He gave a nice name to that other one....i do not remenber now...but when posted his new board, the name will be posted too.

Dx amplifier is a "Freedom amplifier"... that contributes with the "democratic figth" against our non good mood friends....we can have dozen of high guaranteed Dx amplifiers around the world.

You will have Dx amplifier by Carlos, Dx amplifier by Klaas, Dx amplifier by Greg, Dx amplifier by Nordic, Dx amplifier by RAJ.

Universal, global and sensational!....from me, from them..to ALL!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dxamp_reference.pdf
    48.1 KB · Views: 358
I do not hate evolution...but i dislike complicated schematics that sounds sh...sh...

cheap....let's say this way.

A lot of CCS, regulators, phase adjusments, error corrections, mirrors, automatic compensations...grumpf..sounds so bad as my wife's mother when she says that will stay all weekend with us!

Also, girls evolutions was awfull...now they work at home, with their kids, and then go to standard work...them return to take care of the house and them to take care of children....also sexual freedom made them have kids alone...awfull evolution...any advantage!

But let's go into the rails once more.

As i have asked you pictures, and your camera is not producing focus in small distances....i am attaching a sketch, a fast way to transform your camera in an excelent close up camera.

Use ligth bulbs to help you.

"Beeing awfull..or beeing pretty...Dx amplifier sounds good!"

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_4737a.jpg
    img_4737a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 646
Status
Not open for further replies.