desktop speaker with Markaudio Alpair5

I've just made a quick check & it'll go in. Not perfectly, but it'll go in & load reasonably; it's a slightly different type to what I normally favour & I don't normally recommend running drivers in enclosures designed for something different, but within the design context / goals, in this case, it's 'close enough'. Depending on position you may (may) need a low-pass shelving filter.

I can't really; it's not my design so it would be inappropriate of me to do so. However, chances are any minor changes you could make to the internal configuration (if it's half-built already) would get swamped out by alterations in damping, so if you're in the process of building, I'd just say finish it off as-is and enjoy.
I woudn't mind it if you did comment :D and I agree, altering the damping should get Roo2 a decent way with the cabs as they are now for the lows.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would not use it any filter on the A5.3. All the 1st gen Alpairs had some annoying HF ringing, this is the one for the A5.

Poly batting is a substitute for wall lining, it does need to be thicker than cotton or wool felt. It is alot of work to tease, easier to start with poly fluff (we use acoustastuff, which you will not need as high a density of).

dave

Excellent question. The packet says “ made from recyclable card”. Wood fibre?

Attachments

• 90274663-EB42-48D5-9945-9B790D4D8ACA.jpeg
    90274663-EB42-48D5-9945-9B790D4D8ACA.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 231