DEF Amp

Perhaps a 1:1 transformer can be used.
DEF trafo1 JPG.jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you say 1:1 , that's usually thingy with two identical (in ratio) windings

what you drew is classic telephone repeater coil , usually marked as 1+1:1+1 , which can be connected as 1:1 , but also in few different ways

so , drawing is OK < while nomenclature you used is not

btw - using top rail as reference will bring all drek from rail to gates

it's logical to do that when modulation of output device is also referenced to rail , which isn't case here

in short - bring C1 to GND

Last edited:
Hi Antoinel,copy and paste is exactly that. Simulation is incorrect because the parasitic elements of the real trasformer are not present. Better wait the Burning Amp ( Nov 12 ).

Hi claudio52. I am looking forward to all of the BAF 2017 goodies.The building blocks in the attached schematic [buffer, trafo, DEF] have already been taught by Pass. Note that a direct current is not allowed to flow through the trafo windings. I have added a connection to the trafo for positive current feedback [PCF] and/or boostrap.

Best

Anton

Attachments

• DEFtrafo.jpg
    DEFtrafo.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 597
well, I was opponent of bias going through windings, but Pa did exactly that in F6

Hi Zen Mod. The generalized DEF section requires independent controls over its idle current [due to the difference in the Vgs values of its FETs], and to minimize its output DC offset to <+/-50 mV.

If the FETs in the Pass DEF have exactly the same values for Vgs [very high probability] , then the adjustable resistors in the DEF section may not be/are not needed. His schematic becomes similiar to that of SIT-3 whereby the bias for Vgs is coupled directly through the trafo. But; a blocking cap will still be needed at Vin, and another one for PCF/boostrap [if used].

Best
Anton