DD Z1a damaged

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i think i found the problem. Bad solder from the Rail Bar.... The rail is moving inside that solder connection.

Attachments

• DSC_1776.jpg
    DSC_1776.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 82
yes, but after i took out the fets today, and gave power on it, it came smoke from the driver board. This is the reason why i have checked aggain. Also only to beshure that i dont made a mistake. Also i found broken soldering from the rail bar. Maybe that was the reason it blows after 30 minutes.

So, i have repaired the drive board, and put only one fet per bank from the good one i still have. The Noise is still there, but the frequency drops and then disapears. If i move a little bit the plug for B+, it starts again. MEasured on my Batterie only 11,4V. Also what is strange, if the noise is there, the Amplitude on the Fets start moving from left to right a little bit. If the Noise stops, there is no more movement. I understand, that the movement is because it producing Audio in that moment. But normaly it shouldnt produce any noise when the power is low. Maybe there is something with the power supply? Or is the noise transfered from the other Amp, from which i took the low voltage?

Ok, i round the wire on a transformer on this amp. Still the same. Very Noisy with high frequencys.

Above two pictures. One is from High and Low side Gate Resistors. The other from the same high and low side on gate and drain.
Can you see anything on that pictures which explain that sound?

Attachments

• DSC_1777.jpg
    DSC_1777.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_1778.jpg
    DSC_1778.jpg
    845.4 KB · Views: 83
You can't see audio at 20us. You should disable the driver ICs and see if the noise is present on the output of the TL072 on the driver board. You may not be able to see it. You may have to use an audio type signal tracer.

Would the noise be audible through a subwoofer mounted in the trunk of a vehicle?

What type of test speakers are you using?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.