DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those who want to mount the outputs vertically here is a layout for that.

Also, I'm not sure if Thimios is still building APEX amps but just in case I am attaching a photo sense file too.

Blessings, Terry

Hi Terry,
Prasi here from India. I must congratulate you on the excellent layout with a common DIY'er in mind. I am a beginner and still in the process of learning layout and try to follow some of the generalized trace layout techniques commonly used. I have attached herewith my layout, which is nothing but a copy of your layout but I tried to keep the traces bends with 45 degree angle and if a 90 deg bend cant be avoided, some extra copper at the 90 degree bends is kept.
Sincerely I do not know if such technique is indeed helpful for the audio / analogue circuits. I think Mr. Mile or yourself or someone with lot of experience can only clarify.
Mr. Mile's circuits generally do not follow this "rule" of 45 degree bends, may be I am worried about nothing.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 1,003
Hi Prasi,

I am brand new to using layout software. The layouts I have posted were made by starting with a layout that Juan Vargas had done for the F100 and modifying it to fit the FX100. I have heard about the 90 degree rule bout I'm not sure how important it is. Your layout looks very nice.

Your layout looks very nice.
Terry appreciated the layout posted by me, to which I replied
Its all your layout only!

Meaning, its all Terry hard work in doing the layout, I just tried to add some features, (which may not be important).

I didnt mean any harm. I hope I am in clear Mr. Vargas.

I've never heard about a 45deg bend being superior to an arbitrary bend angle. rfi at 90deg or more acute bends is a thing tho.

my point exactly. 45deg or 135 deg. not 90deg. or acute bends.
Ref1: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/scaa082/scaa082.pdf (page 14)
ref2: http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN10798.pdf(page 5)

Like I said in earlier post, I do not know if the principles are applicable for audio circuits. They may be applicable to high speed clock signals/ digital circuits.

reg
Prasi

Thanks for the info. As I said, I am in the very early stages of learning to use layout software so all hints and tips are welcome. I just started playing around with an other amp layout in which the designer used Dip Trace. That software has opened up a whole different set of possibilities and has shown me some more techniques. A lot to learn. Fortunately, this is a hobby and I have no deadlines to meet. :D

Blessings, Terry

The amp is a hybrid IPS designed by Borys. Idefixes made a layout for it to match up with the Slewmaster OPS. He designed that layout in Dip Trace so I downloaded that software. It goes about things differently than Sprint so I am learning even more. Doesn't hurt that it was free. ;)

Nice thing about playing around with these programs is I don't have to buy parts to have fun learning.

Blessings, Terry

while still waiting for an answer to above question, I made a layout of the 2 pair version. One more pair can be added if Mr. Miles gives a go ahead. Any comments on the layout are also welcome, its just a draft layout without the beautification:D.

One interesting fact that I came across while browsing through the thread is that same layout can also accommodate lateral fets (2SK/2SJ) by just changing (removing) 3 components and a different value resistor. It would be interesting to compare sound of IRFP vs latfets on the same layout. :rolleyes:
sch for both are somewhere in the beginning of thread (page 20):D.

Reg
Prasi

Attachments

• F100.png
    F100.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,065
while still waiting for an answer to above question, I made a layout of the 2 pair version. One more pair can be added if Mr. Miles gives a go ahead. Any comments on the layout are also welcome, its just a draft layout without the beautification:D.

One interesting fact that I came across while browsing through the thread is that same layout can also accommodate lateral fets (2SK/2SJ) by just changing (removing) 3 components and a different value resistor. It would be interesting to compare sound of IRFP vs latfets on the same layout. :rolleyes:
sch for both are somewhere in the beginning of thread (page 20):D.

Reg
Prasi

Nice pcb, go to post #35 for your answer ;) yes 3 pair can be use but I suggest FX100 schematic from post #472.
Regards

Last edited:
Nice pcb, go to post #35 for your answer ;) yes 3 pair can be use but I suggest FX100 schematic from post #472.
Regards

Thanks for the reply Mr. Mile. I already posted a layout for FX100 in http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162081-dc-servo-mosfet-amplifier-53.html#post4453756 for the two pair version (based on terry's layout.
I will make a layout for 3 pair FX100 version.
Can Fx 100 be used with latfets with some changes like F100? I want to compare sounds of latfet and IRFP. also what would be max supply voltage for 3 pair version?
and thanks for PSU+Protect scheme.
reg
prasi.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Mile. I already posted a layout for FX100 in http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162081-dc-servo-mosfet-amplifier-53.html#post4453756 for the two pair version (based on terry's layout.
I will make a layout for 3 pair FX100 version.
Can Fx 100 be used with latfets with some changes like F100? I want to compare sounds of latfet and IRFP. also what would be max supply voltage for 3 pair version?
and thanks for PSU+Protect scheme.
reg
prasi.

FX100 is same as F100 just DC servo is change

FX100 3-pairs

FX100 is same as F100 just DC servo is change

Mr. Miles,
Here is a draft layout of FX100 with 3 pairs for your comments. Would like to know if this can be run at 70VDC with same components?
I have added some caps for supply rails of fets and also 22r on positive rail like olafK (he is not too active these days on DIYA). He is an inspiration for this layout.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• FX100-3PAIR.png
    FX100-3PAIR.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.