Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

problem wave io

hello everyone.
i have a dddac 1794 with wave io
i test daphile on a usb and memory card.
the led host and audio stream light.
but the led 44 / 48 / 96 ................................do not light !!!

an idea ?????

thanks for response !

15111609075718646613754600.jpg

sorry for multipost.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

System time:Mon Nov 16 17:18:54 UTC 2015 Daphile version:15.02-b120952-x86_64 Kernel version:3.18.7-gentoo Boot drive:Multiple Card Reader 2.0GB (sda) Free storage: 848MB (91%) DaphileData (sda2) 311MB (100%) RAM Drive (tmpfs) Network mode: Ethernet

Wake-on-LAN:SupportedSystem load:0.93 0.35 0.13 Free memory:627MB of total 844MB Temperature: T1=40.0°C, T2=32.0°C, T3=33.0°C, T4=38.0°C, T5=38.0°C Battery:Unknown, 80% Uptime:1 minute, 17 seconds

i found a post :
but I do not know the solution

Hi Lucian,

I currently use the waveio in a test system: Intel celeron NUC > Waveio > DDDAC 1794. The NUC runs on Daphile, a linux based audio player integrated into my Logitech Squeezebox environment. Works flawless and sounds great, except for one thing: With daphile as player the waveio board is unable to show the bitrate of the incoming signal. Only the host and stream led burn, the rest of the leds stay off, no matter what bitrate is being played. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks,

Sander

@vdi_nenna,
I have to admit I was wrong about Daphile loading entirely into memory once. As promised, I said I would ask Kimmo and his response is;

"No. The root file system squashfs-image is loaded into RAM as whole only if there is a read-only installation of ISO file and PC has at least 1GB RAM. The normal usage relies on Linux buffer caching. Basically everything will be in RAM after they have been once started. Because Daphile is pretty static once started, there isn't really much difference between loading the whole root file system at once vs. relying on buffer caching of kernel."

Julf, though, did point this out. (Thank you Julf for your obvious skills and knowledge in this area.) Once part of the system has started ONCE, it is retained in RAM. Given that starting the player and using it only for that purpose means there is little, if any, disc access for the OS again. I seldom administer Daphile from a browser, but I can't speak for everyone.

If it does it once it does it a hundred times.
I don't know where to start with this piece of hyperbole, so I won't.