Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Happy Camper Here.
Installed October 11 firmware on this old Fujitsu tablet with only 250mb ram.
Using el cheapo Behringer usb dac. Sound is sweet (especially since I was going to toss the tablet in the recycle bin). Attached a dlink ag wireless card so I'm connected at 5 MHz . Radio and apps work as well.
Thanks Kimmo

Attachments

• IMG_20151015_140518076.jpg
    IMG_20151015_140518076.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 280
Reverted back to 15.08, everything works fine. Don't have time to experiment.

Can anyone tell me if Daphile works on Pipo X7/X7S? Very interesting "PC" for Daphile, but I don't want to buy it just to try. I want to know if it works.

Regards,
Tomislav
I have just using the newest version, but everything is working fine with me. BTW I am using 15.10-b161253-x86_64-rt.

However, I have just found out that the old Dell laptop works and the Asus VIVO mini computer again with very high pitch when the BruteFIR is enabled!
OK! The problem is not the computer. The problem is from certain DAC. At least the cheap Behringer DAC is having problem which is using Burr Brown PCM2902 chip. Funny thing is the older version has no problem.

OK! The problem is not the computer. The problem is from certain DAC. At least the cheap Behringer DAC is having problem which is using Burr Brown PCM2902 chip. Funny thing is the older version has no problem.
Never mind! Sorry for my mistake, It should the computer compatibility problem still and not the DAC. As I reboot again and the high pitch happen again.
The reason I use is to try out the effect of the equalizer to have the room correction.

Why use BruteFIR?!

BruteFir is a convolver who uses filters for online room correction. Acourate (AudioVero) by example is among other features a software for making the filters needed for room correction, also to correct and linearize driver responses.
Kimmo integrated this very useful tool for all those who have room acoustical problems ( most people have big problems specially in the bass region). I am very thanful for this excellent work of Kimmo.:):):)
Cheers
Sigi

Room correction is useless if one have speakers with flat frequency response..
Is there any other use of BruteFIR..

Sorry, my Speakers also have flat frequency response when measured in front of them or nearly flat 1 meter in front of them . But at your listening position it will not be flat anymore due to interaction of the sound pressure with your room, specially in the bass region. You should know that. In my case, due to the dimensions of my room I have big Peaks in the order of +10 Db at 63 and 93 Hz With Brutefir for Linux or other DRC (DRC= Digital room corrction) systems for windows you are able to correct not only in the frequency but also in the time domain. Simple electronic equalization isnt the best way to linearize the speakers. I suggest you inform yourself a litte bit more about DRC before stating that BruteFir is useless!