Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi giggle. Thank you for your post. I have the latest version of Daphile. To clarify my former post: Of course I tried the file manager. But there's always a lock symbol on all of the connected USB drives. I can't find any setting that removes this lock.
The files that are already on those USB drives are flawlessly added into the music directory of Daphile.

Hi giggle. Thank you for your post. I have the latest version of Daphile. To clarify my former post: Of course I tried the file manager. But there's always a lock symbol on all of the connected USB drives. I can't find any setting that removes this lock.
The files that are already on those USB drives are flawlessly added into the music directory of Daphile.

Are you running Daphile from a usb drive or have you installed it to the hard drive ?

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm a 37 years old music lover from Germany (I try to avoid the therm "audiophile".) Half a year ago, I sat up a little Daphile system which runs like a charm. It fulfils most of my demands, just one thing does not work as expected: I can't manage to copy files directly from my Daphile-PC to any external device (HDD, SD card or USB drive) via the Daphile GUI. Since my Daphile-PC is connected via a slow wlan connection, it makes no sense to copy those huge files via my Windows PC. Is there any possibility to copy directly?

Copying in this situation hasn't ever been a problem for me. You may have to reboot Daphile, with the USB device attached, so that the lock is removed from the GUI File Manager.

Wifi support for Daphile?

Hi all,

Played with a Daphile box for a while, and have the latest public version installed. I've had connected via Ethernet, but want to move it, and hoped to get it on wifi. I bought a Edimax EW 7811UN, as this has worked on everthing else I have used it on, including a Raspberry Pi. Pretty sure it has Kernel support too.

No luck. No wifi options in the Daphile settings panel. Anyone else had luck with this? Would love to know if so. Or, if any wifi adapter worked for you.

Yesterday beta have native DSD support..
Finaly I can try DSD256..

Attachments

• Daphile.jpg
    Daphile.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 363
  • JLsounds XMOS_AK4490.jpg
    JLsounds XMOS_AK4490.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 352
Does a cd player from a modern laptop ripp this sort of disc ?

The only DSD material on disks is SACD - basic DSD64, and even those need special hardware for ripping. For DSD128 or DSD256 you need downloads.

Also remember that almost all DSD material has been processed in PCM and converted to DSD, as you can't really do any processing in the DSD domain - many "DSD" production systems use DXD (24/352.8 PCM) as their intermediate format.