Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi Kipeta,

I've been having intermittent issues with shuffle play. I do not know what leads to the issue and it sometimes functions as it should. I am curious if anyone else has reported similar/same issue.

Basically, shuffle stops working. To get it working again, I reboot Daphile. This has happened maybe 4 or 5 times over the past few weeks.

BTW, Daphile is excellent. It has found a permanent home in my hi-fi system.

I haven't heard this before.

Shuffle does not work when you are using the "Random Mix". If you for example select "Random Mix -> Random Albums" then you can Shuffle the tracks. Do you possibly mean this?

Is there any repeatable procedure to face the problem?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I haven't heard this before.

Shuffle does not work when you are using the "Random Mix". If you for example select "Random Mix -> Random Albums" then you can Shuffle the tracks. Do you possibly mean this?

Is there any repeatable procedure to face the problem?

No, I am not trying to combine shuffle with random mix. Also, no, I cannot force the issue to repeat. It just seems to happen randomly. However, it has not happened for many days now, so perhaps it has resolved itself. I will wait and see if it continues.

Thank you for your response, and thanks again for Daphile. Do you accept donations?

I have been facing a problem lately whereby playlists do not seem to be saved by daphile.
After I save a playlist form my remote app (tried two different to make sure it was not app dependent), the list of playlists remains empty.
Any one over here has the same problem?

I have a question about about albums copied across the network to the DaphileData folder. Although my recollection isn't all that clear, I thought Daphile recognised the new folder and it showed up in the "Audio Player" tab in Daphile; quite probably, I'm wrong.

Anyway, my question is; can a folder (an album/CD) be copied across the network and will Daphile recognise it and include for selection? Also, will Daphile access the web for all of the missing metadata. I have some CDs that are copies of the original (as a backup) but the originals are scratched and can't be ripped. Daphile doesn't seem to like some of the copies but is alright with others.

Abs

I have been facing a problem lately whereby playlists do not seem to be saved by daphile.
After I save a playlist form my remote app (tried two different to make sure it was not app dependent), the list of playlists remains empty.
Any one over here has the same problem?

I could not repeat the problem. I managed to save playlist via both web UI and iPeng control app.

I have a question about about albums copied across the network to the DaphileData folder. Although my recollection isn't all that clear, I thought Daphile recognised the new folder and it showed up in the "Audio Player" tab in Daphile; quite probably, I'm wrong.

Anyway, my question is; can a folder (an album/CD) be copied across the network and will Daphile recognise it and include for selection? Also, will Daphile access the web for all of the missing metadata. I have some CDs that are copies of the original (as a backup) but the originals are scratched and can't be ripped. Daphile doesn't seem to like some of the copies but is alright with others.

Abs
Daphile should include new album automatically to library (short delay always before scanning is started).

Daphile does not fetch any missing metadata for the copied album/tracks.

Standby!?

Hi Kipeta,

Nice work you have done here! I just have one problem. I can't seem to install Daphile.
When I boot into the live CD everything goes well and I am able to navigate the menu on my other Windows PC. However, after about 30 s the screen goes black and the connection is lost.

I know the network is not the problem (ethernet), because it worked on xubuntu earlier today. Also, I am able to access the html menu as I mentioned.

The only thing I can think of is that Daphile goes into standby and subsequently kills all network activity along with the black screen.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

P.S: I am running Daphile on an ancient Dell 510m (32-bit obviously).

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I give up! Ran Daph via USB Sandisk on a laptop then try to access via notebook via firefox and it doesn't find Daphile. :confused:

Originally tried months ago on an old Dell (loaded to hard drive). I could get to it via laptop and ran ok, except for getting to the internet to play youtube music or grooveshark, could only play cd rips on the Daph servers hard drive. When I shut down the Daphile server and restarted the next day the laptop would not find the Daph server. Fooled around for a week then gave up.

Life is just too short.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
IIUC daphile uses some automatic discovery services which are not reliable in my experience (not with daphile though). How about having an option to return to old good fixed hand-configured IP?

This can be done easily in the Daphile network settings. It is only the initial connection that can be tricky. Once connected, the first thing I did was manual static IP configuration. For the initial connection, I simply looked at the DHCP table on my router to figure out what IP address Daphile received and then plugged that into my browser. Not rocket surgery, but I can see how not everyone would know this.

Quick question: Daphile is up and running fine (DSD!) in my living room/test facility, but I'd like to move down to the listening room, where I have no ethernet connection. Does the package, as distributed, have Linux drivers for wireless devices installed, or do I have to do that myself? If so, how do I get to the Linux command line from the Daphile graphinc interface? TIA - Pat

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Quick question: Daphile is up and running fine (DSD!) in my living room/test facility, but I'd like to move down to the listening room, where I have no ethernet connection. Does the package, as distributed, have Linux drivers for wireless devices installed, or do I have to do that myself? If so, how do I get to the Linux command line from the Daphile graphinc interface? TIA - Pat

Yes, Daphile has built-in support for nearly all wi-fi devices. You don't need command-line, as all network settings can be configured through the UI.