Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Thanks for quick reply Kipeta. Here is my issue and probably lack of understanding .....I have installed Daphile.... very easy and quick !!!! thank You !!!....I checked audio settings and it sees Loki device and I have checked DSD over pcm but when I try to play any music the sync light for DSD does not come on. Does the SB Touch need to be in the middle for it to play ? Should I be able to connect Loki directly to Daphile server with usb and play just like that?

I think the issue on my side is the Audio Player bottom right dropdown... I dont have anything selected and if I choose dropdown it sees my existing Squeezebox server and my SB Touch but I dont want to play via that, it should play via Loki.

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply Kipeta. Here is my issue and probably lack of understanding .....I have installed Daphile.... very easy and quick !!!! thank You !!!....I checked audio settings and it sees Loki device and I have checked DSD over pcm but when I try to play any music the sync light for DSD does not come on. Does the SB Touch need to be in the middle for it to play ? Should I be able to connect Loki directly to Daphile server with usb and play just like that?
Connect your DAC directly to Daphile PC with USB.

I don't know if the DSD-over-PCM playback is possible via SB Touch.

New version available!

CHANGES on March 31th 2014:
  • Linux kernel series 3.12 with realtime patch is still having some issues and that's why the kernel is reverted to latest stable RT patched version in the 3.10 series (please contact if this causes problems on your setup).
  • Some other minor bug fixes and changes
Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed!

My Loki dsd dac is connected with usb cable to my Daphile server - but I dont know how to play music to it.

I know its something probably small setting I am overlooking :)

Here is snapshot of my screens:

Attachments

• daphile-1.JPG
    daphile-1.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 498
  • daphile-2.JPG
    daphile-2.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 490
My Loki dsd dac is connected with usb cable to my Daphile server - but I dont know how to play music to it.

I know its something probably small setting I am overlooking :)

Here is snapshot of my screens:

You probably have to enable the "Speaker,0" in the Mixer controls.

The other screenshot is a bit worrying because the Player selector at the bottom right corner is empty. You should select your DAC from there. If it is not availaible there is something wrong. Please contant me then via the form on the web page www.daphile.com and we could continue with email exchange.

My Daphile now shuts down the first time I ask it to, thanks.

Slightly after the start of some tracks I hear a faint pop or click. It happens with both of my DACs. Anyone have an idea on what it might be?

Thanks, Mack

Which DACs do you use? How long is your USB cable?

I have no problems with Daphile. Works like a charm and SQ is excellent. I have WaveIO with my DIY PCM5102 DAC.

I'm not sure the clicking is caused by Daphile.

The USB cables are .7mt and shorter for the Cambridge DacMagic and HiFiMe DAC as well as the external music storage HD (3.5"). A 64 bit Lenovo laptop runs the latest Daphile build from it's internal HD.

Daphile is controlled from smartphones, tablets and another laptop.

I couldn't go back to other players after using Daphile.

Cheers, Mack

Wifi Access Point

Hi

I have installed Daphile and all is working well except I am struggling to get the the a Access Point to work.

I have tried six different USB wifi controllers and whilst they all work and can access the house wifi when I remove the local wifi the USB controllers do not create the Access Point required. Two of the wifi controllers use the Atheros chipset which I believe should work.

Is there anything I can do check why the Access Point us not working please?

Thanks for a great product

Barry

hello

for my 1st post, i want to say "big thanks for daphile".
here is my set up
wifi pcmcia card and usb are belkin and ralink (netr73.sys)motherboard chipset on my desktop pc (hotspot "daphile" working well).
my sound card is maudio fast track pro (working well with coax and analog output)

:)

Hi

I have installed Daphile and all is working well except I am struggling to get the the a Access Point to work.

I have tried six different USB wifi controllers and whilst they all work and can access the house wifi when I remove the local wifi the USB controllers do not create the Access Point required. Two of the wifi controllers use the Atheros chipset which I believe should work.

Is there anything I can do check why the Access Point us not working please?

Thanks for a great product

Barry
Unfortunately I don't have broad experience (or information) on Wifi adapter support status.

The Wifi adapters that I have personally are:
1. Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6235 AGN, kernel driver iwlwifi, supports AP-mode
2. Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter, kernel driver ath9k, supports AP-mode
3. Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (old hp laptop), kernel driver iwl3945, no AP support
4. Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter, kernel driver rtl8192ce, AP support fails at authentication
5. ZyDAS ZD1211B 802.11g (quite old USB dongle), kernel driver zd1211rw, supports AP-mode

So I've been pretty lucky that 3 out of 5 work fine. The Realtek case is not nice because the driver reports that is supports AP mode and the hotspot even seems to be available but the authentication fails always. So there is some kind of bug in the driver.

My devices that support the AP mode work even simultaneously as client and AP. Of course the AP channel is then forced to be the same that client is using.

FYI. AP mode is currently limited to 2.4GHz band.

I'm not sure the clicking is caused by Daphile.

The USB cables are .7mt and shorter for the Cambridge DacMagic and HiFiMe DAC as well as the external music storage HD (3.5"). A 64 bit Lenovo laptop runs the latest Daphile build from it's internal HD.

Daphile is controlled from smartphones, tablets and another laptop.

I couldn't go back to other players after using Daphile.

Cheers, Mack

Have you gotten rid of the "clicking"? If yes did you find the reason?

I don't have any idea what could cause it. What kind of click was it exactly? Frequency of clicking?

Have you gotten rid of the "clicking"? If yes did you find the reason?

I don't have any idea what could cause it. What kind of click was it exactly? Frequency of clicking?

Hi Kipeta, I've just started using Daphile on a different laptop. There is a click sometimes changing tracks and occasionally one brief click about 3 seconds into a song. Seems less with this laptop. Might be the external USB drive. It's a 3.5 disk with external power.

Thanks, Mack

Access Point operation

Unfortunately I don't have broad experience (or information) on Wifi adapter support status.

The Wifi adapters that I have personally are:
1. Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6235 AGN, kernel driver iwlwifi, supports AP-mode
2. Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter, kernel driver ath9k, supports AP-mode
3. Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (old hp laptop), kernel driver iwl3945, no AP support
4. Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter, kernel driver rtl8192ce, AP support fails at authentication
5. ZyDAS ZD1211B 802.11g (quite old USB dongle), kernel driver zd1211rw, supports AP-mode

So I've been pretty lucky that 3 out of 5 work fine. The Realtek case is not nice because the driver reports that is supports AP mode and the hotspot even seems to be available but the authentication fails always. So there is some kind of bug in the driver.

My devices that support the AP mode work even simultaneously as client and AP. Of course the AP channel is then forced to be the same that client is using.

FYI. AP mode is currently limited to 2.4GHz band.

Many thanks. I have ordered the Intel Wifi module and will let you know how I get on.

Barry

New version available!

CHANGES on April 17th 2014:
  • Squeezelite promoted as the default player (SqueezePlay still available)
  • PCM resampling configuration for Squeezelite
  • Configuration options for ALSA buffer time and period count parameters
  • Package updates, eg. security update for openssl
  • Other minor changes and bug fixes
Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed!