Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

From a computer not a tablet, ping the 192.168.1.16. Google it.

If there is a reply with no failures, then your server is online.

Use Firefox or chrome to access daphile interface to control your music library. I don't think daphile likes Microsoft internet explorer.

Hi
thanks for reply. I ping(using MSdos mode) this site 192.168.1.16 and got no lost packets. I use Chrome browser and still cannot reach the site when I type in this number.
I don't what's wrong?

With a monitor connected to the server, push the power button once. Should start shut down. Once down, unplug power to the server for one minute.
Plug bsck in and boot up. Look for the ip.

Did ip change or is it the same?

what do you mean look for the ip? I tried what you suggest above no change, site cannot be found and timed out.
It's very late here tomorrow I will continue thanks for your help.

Continue with the wired connection until it works. If you have a tablet or phone, install FING, and check if you can see daphile and confirm the ip. Also when you key in the IP address in the browser, make sure you input it in the URL and not the search prompt. Also try "http://daphile.local" as an alternative to the IP address.

If Daphile is registered with the DHCP server (router), it will show in Fing. If it is visible, use Chrome to connect and typing in the IP address as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx should connect.
Can you connect with a control app, such as Squeezer on Android?

Where are you in Melbourne, out of interest?

Thanks for your interest in trying to find out what's wrong with my installation.
I install Fing and I can see my laptop logging in but the the IP address is for the laptop not the 192.168.1.16. Even if I type this address the Fing cannot see this address present.

I will outline what I did and you maybe able to tell what's wrong:

1. Direct connect laptop via Ethernet cable to the router
2. Input USB stick with Daphile and boot up to Daphile input F1
3. Answer the questions offered by Daphile the last question static Ip no. I input NO is this right? if not right tell me what to input.
4. Daphile comes back with the address: 192.168.1.16
5. Remove USB stick
6. Reboot to windows 8.1 resident in HardDisk and then run Chrome
7. Execute 192.168.1.16
8. Return from Chrome cannot connect

I live in eastern suburb, mt waverley., any suggestions welcomed.

@ttan98
Are you trying to install Daphile on the laptop or another computer?

Install on laptop. At first my harddisk was empty/blank if this is the case how do I boot to a browser? I thought once I boot up to a browser I can install Daphile on an external HD. Does it work this way? If not how do I do it?

When you install Daphile, it wipes the hard disk and it becomes a Daphile only device. It is not a program that installs on Windows; it will wipe Windows permanently.

know see above.

Any comments on my procedure.

Thanks for your interest in trying to find out what's wrong with my installation.
I install Fing and I can see my laptop logging in but the the IP address is for the laptop not the 192.168.1.16. Even if I type this address the Fing cannot see this address present.

I will outline what I did and you maybe able to tell what's wrong:

1. Direct connect laptop via Ethernet cable to the router
2. Input USB stick with Daphile and boot up to Daphile input F1
3. Answer the questions offered by Daphile the last question static Ip no. I input NO is this right? if not right tell me what to input.
4. Daphile comes back with the address: 192.168.1.16
5. Remove USB stick
7. Execute 192.168.1.16
8. Return from Chrome cannot connect

I live in eastern suburb, mt waverley., any suggestions welcomed.

Try accessing daphile from your browser on the phone / tablet after step 4. You then have the option to overwrite the laptop system disk with daphile. The laptop then becomes a dedicated music player.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Boot from usb stick. Leave it in. Don't remove it.
Go to 1.16, if that's the ip address.

Go to settings if you get to the daphile server.
At the bottom, you should see a drop down for choosing a drive where load daphile permanently.
Could be a hard drive or a thumb drive. Anything you copy to will destroy the resident data. I usually plug in a second usb drive, but also over write the usb drive that have the image and it worked.
If you do not want to delete your win install, don't choose that drive!

Last edited:
@ttan98
At first my harddisk was empty/blank if this is the case how do I boot to a browser?
If this is the case, how do you do this?

When Daphile is first run, it isn't written to the hard drive. You need to run it, then access the Daphile machine from another PC using Chrome browser. You can try your phone of tablet, but you cannot use the same PC. You must log in to Daphile remotely, that is, from another computer using the IP address in the browser address line.

@ttan98

If this is the case, how do you do this?

When Daphile is first run, it isn't written to the hard drive. You need to run it, then access the Daphile machine from another PC using Chrome browser. You can try your phone of tablet, but you cannot use the same PC. You must log in to Daphile remotely, that is, from another computer using the IP address in the browser address line.

Thanks, got it, what's is missing on my part is to access the Daphile PC1 from another REMOTE PC2/tablet to activate/install Daphile PC1.
That's it. The installation instruction is very vague really.
Many thanks everyone.

Installation Instructions MADE Simple
=======================

1. Direct connect laptop/PC via Ethernet cable to the router(easier, once setup then use wireless.)
2. Input USB stick with Daphile and boot up to Daphile and then input F1
3. Answer the questions offered by Daphile the last question static Ip no. I input NO.
4. The laptop/PC must have an harddrive resident. You can either erase the HD from
Daphile install or erase separately.
4. Daphile comes back with the address: 192.168.1.16(yours could be different.)
5. Go to another PC/Tablet and activate the browser, Chrome and input: 192.168.1.16
6. the Daphile menu will appear on your remote PC/tablet, go to settings/system firmware and execute installation.
7. After installation you access Daphile via the remote PC or Tablet using this IP address.
8. That's it.

Those of you who find this installation instructions a little crude, you are welcome to enhance on it.