Dangerous outlaw arrested at Texas checkpoint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nearly 45 years ago in this country we had a Royal Commission which recommended legalization. Politicians preferred to bet on getting a few more right-wing votes. There's always room on the right.

I daresay Willie Nelson won't suffer any great hardship over this, but that doesn't make it right.

Switch in a teenager from an ethnic minority and you could be looking at a major blow to some individual's life opportunities. More fool him for not being more careful, you might say. That still doesn't make it right.

w

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• Marijuana-VOTE.gif
    Marijuana-VOTE.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 170
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I'm a cynic

It will stay illegal as long as
1/ Politicians are allowed to make laws affecting and effecting the private rights of individuals

2/ There is money to be made by crooked cops and bent politicians

3/ There is more profit in an illegal substance than a legal one

Put these in whichever order seems more suited to the situation where you live

Heroin is a very safe drug of addiction, who wants to kill off your customer until you have squeezed out every possible dollar of profit, after my surgery I was prescribed "Endone" now the biggest drug on addiction in Australia, perfectly legal, readily and easily obtainable and very very bad for you, and they pick on poor old "Mary-Jane'

SY, I do not know where you heard that pot is legal in Austin but I assure you that the pot laws in Austin are exactly the same as everywhere else in Texas. It is illegal. 4 ounces or more is a felony. 2 to 4 is a class B and less than 2 is a class C.

picowallspeaker, those cameras on the helicopter are called FLIR (forward looking infra red) cameras. They actually call them forward looking infra red radar but they are not radar. They can't detect pot. What they do is detect heat from the grow lights. There are ways to get around it. What gets people busted is having one room in the house warmer than the rest of the house. Technically they have to have a warrant (in Texas but I believe in most other states also) to look at your house with one (they will do it without one though) but not for a garage or other building that is not attached to the house. They are so sensitive that they can see peoples footprints with them from the heat they leave behind. Not barefoot people either but people wearing shoes. They can tell whether a car has been parked for 15 minutes or an hour by the amount of heat in the wheel wells.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Answer: I can't argue with Moondog55's answer, but all those weed growers from back in the 60's and 70's around the Univ. of TX area became experienced in going organic for this climate.

On KLBJ-AM, one of our local experts stated that mushrooms just can't be grown in this climate. But after a bust about 10 years ago of a small special mushroom farm, he stated that it could be done but the guy with all the tips was now in jail. :D

The really scary part are these new border checkpoints. Homeland Security gave the border patrol a 100 mile jurisdiction. So now they can stop anyone for any reason up to 100 miles from any border. Don't you feel safer New England?

Two thirds of the US population lives within that Fourth Amendment-free zone.

I am but a mere yoot at 64 years of age, but already I do not recognize the country I grew up in. Well, at least I can rest easy for the next few days, not fearing that Willie Nelson might break into my house and force me to take dangerous, mind-altering narcotics like marihuana.

Well, just think of all the buisness the Prison industry in this country would loose if it were to be legalized? All the private prison companies and all those prison guard unions......follow the money trail.....BTW this money trail blazes by the illegal imigration issue in this country as well......but then what would they do without the steady supply of pot smoking minority youths.:rolleyes:

Of course with legalization of sorts, the medium the plants are grown in could be more controled by the user. Canibus is one of many plants that has a tendency to pick up heavy metals and other toxins from the soil. Volcanic soil is particularly higher in toxic heavy metals. Also, who says it has to be smoked? Oral consumption of the resin mixed with food would be much less harmful to your health.

Last edited:
but already I do not recognize the country I grew up in.

I am 20 years younger , and don't recognize anything in my country anymore. We go to walmart to buy more guns for the red army , but then we are told that globalization is good. Nearly everything I see and hear is a lie or a "Grey truth" meant to put a candy coating on the fact that life as we know it will soon change into the worst sort of nightmare. People are so addicted to their little "boxes" (cellphones , pda's ) they won't even talk to you in real life anymore. Kids can't do multiplication in their heads or spell correctly after being dumbed down in the age of texting (sexting ,tweeting , all frivolous B_s).

Go down to the massive strip in pigeon forge ,tenn. , no one walks (sidewalks completely empty) , while a massive traffic jam of SUV's filled with morbidly obese consumers fight for parking spaces at the 500 restaurants. Hundreds of Big , 40,000 LED high brightness advertisement screens flashing so intensely that your head throbs while they are trying to get you to eat and buy more. :eek::eek:

I HOPE for civil unrest ... FREE WILLY!!

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.