DAC project completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not aiming for the pro-sound! That's your misunderstanding.... :) We just choose chip form suppliers recognized by the pro industry. But forget about that. I don't think that I will be able to explain it to you :rolleyes:

So if your product is not geared toward the "prosound" market, why not utilize the consumer grade DAC's that have garnered the most attention, as these DAC's are what audiophiles prefer, rather than using pro sound DAC's?

If you are trying to market to the educated consumer/audiophiles, wouldn't it be a good idea to listen to what this market is looking for, rather than calling them Toyota buyers? Funny thing is that I was in high end audio retail for over twenty years and found through experience, that the best products are what the people are willing to spend their money on based upon sound quality, not what a manufacturer told them they should like or any sales person.

If you are going to use your own ears as the "reference standards" to base a product on, I truly think that you need to get out and hear what people are buying and find out what it is about these products that the majority like about these products. If you do I think that you will find few Toyota buyers in the $1000.00+ market for any components. I never recall meeting any in 20 plus years. If that is not your market then you might have some success, but right now with your "we are the greatest" attitudes, I fear that your market share will be in serious doubt. Musical enjoyment is what moves people to purchase products in these lofty reaches of audio, not technical measurements.

I cannot help but remember the line from Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' (ironically, Prince of Denmark) which ends with the words: "....doth protest too much". ;)

It is quite clear that the positioning of the DAC in question within the heirarchy of DACs as judged by Danish reviewers has been settled. Lets move on or let it rest until some major change which addresses the shortcomings found by the reviewers has been made to the DAC. As has been said it is a competent design and may well be absolutely fabulous to some listeners. But we must remember that NO single DAC is going to perform sonically without some listener somewhere preferring a different DAC in thhe system being used. I would suggest that the DAC may well have acquitted itself as being more capable in a system including speakers more acceptable to the reviewers. But I suspect that the AN may still have been the winner. Peter Qvortrup of Audio Note (UK), who just happens to be Danish, I know is very experienced and knows exactly how real music sounds as he attends many many live performances.:cool:

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I've been following this thread for some time and have come to the opinion that so much anomosity now exists between the contributors that any further useful technical debate will be difficult.

Allowing the thread to continue in this way will do little for the credibility of the contributors and of this forum.
I agree. Just imagine what will happen when Kurt von Kubik gets out of the sin bin.....

Holy Moly!

Have you completely lost your faculties?! :confused:

Have you ever considered your own future employment as a technician?

Nilau

Well... I have not yet had any complaints about my engineering skills. And I still believe, that a transformer is the worst part you can send the signal through.

I don't really like the idea, of you starting your personal trashing! You should have done that last saturday face to face. Wonder why you didn't :confused::D

Maybe the admin in here should take a look at your attitude!

Status
Not open for further replies.