• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Little upgrade to shunt

After receiving the final version of DAC modules we have detected a very little oscillations on shunt regulators in high frequency range (about 150KHz).

Measurements and simulations made with the collaboration of CAAD allowed to find a simple solution to this problem.

To make this modifications are not necessarily required SMD components but if you want to use SMD and you have problems to find these components you can ask to Quang Hào.

1) Remove R9 on op-amp modules (as suggested before)
2) Remove R10 on op-amp modules (as suggested before)

The following modification must only be made only on +1.2V , +3,3V and +15V shunt regulators.

3) Add 100n X7R as described on attached pic -->All are X7R (better dialectric compared to U5r , Z5R etc)
4) Add 1uF X7R as described on attached pic -->All are X7R (better dialectric compared to U5r , Z5R etc)

These modifications also will reduce the temperature on the shunt of the op-amp module.

The modification as been applied on the last DAC modules sent.

See the image created by CAAD.

Attachments

• OSC in opa2134_2.png
    OSC in opa2134_2.png
    523.8 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Summary of all the modifications

Hi,

Can u put a summary somewhere, of all the modifications needed in a list, etc.... may be on audiodesign website? I am getting lost. Really appreciated.

Herbert

The modifications necessary for the shunt are only these four.

The correction made in the post #1464 is solved with these last modifications.

If you have problem with spdif input because your source is not standard 75 ohm you can eliminate the 75 ohm resistor after input transformer and add a 1uF or 10uF capacitor on C35 and C36 (a little cut of pcb is necessary) [post #1547].

The modifications necessary for the shunt are only these four.

The correction made in the post #1464 is solved with these last modifications.

If you have problem with spdif input because your source is not standard 75 ohm you can eliminate the 75 ohm resistor after input transformer and add a 1uF or 10uF capacitor on C35 and C36 (a little cut of pcb is necessary) [post #1547].

.. and correction made in the post #1459
ATTENTION: corrections on op-amp module and DAC module
1) It is necessary reduce the current on shunt changing R4 and R5 from 10 ohm to 15 ohm because now the temperature of the second smd transistor is very high. Quanghao can send you the 4 x 15ohm smd resistors to make this simple correction.

2) Eliminate also R9 and R10 in the +15V and -15V shunt.

3) Add a 47uF or 100uF capacitor in parallel to the original 47uF on the 1.2V analog (L & R) near the jump to eliminate the little oscillation.

No, the I/V jump covert the output to voltage mode

Could you explain better the other problems ?

Ok I want I out so I remove the "I/V" Jumpers thank you.

Other problems are solved. The plexi glass is Glued properly. Before that I sawed a little off it and the receiver could be placed properly and everything works perfect.

Really looking foreward to listen when I have finished my amps.

Last edited:
Ok I want I out so I remove the "I/V" Jumpers thank you.

Other problems are solved. The plexi glass is Glued properly. Before that I sawed a little off it and the receiver could be placed properly and everything works perfect.

Really looking foreward to listen when I have finished my amps.

Everything worked and I turned it off took out the I/V jumpers. The little Dc on output was gone but remote and buttons on front does not work anymore. Must be the moon ? :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.