• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are these thru-holes intended for mounting a shield?

photo.jpg

Last edited:
hi quanghao,

Could you explain the complate dac price ? i missed it i guess.Am i have to make extra 150 dolar payment for DAC?

DAC-END R (ES9018) complete
you have purchased the following items:

1. - DAC module assembled and tested with all componentsfive shunt regulator
2. - DAC controller assembled and tested
3. - Chassie
4. - Transformer 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A
5. - Output stage, only passive I/V

I will be assembling, finishing and inspection include the following:

1. All Input and output connectors
2. 4 x opam 2134 for IV
3. installation of parts, inspection and finishing
4. one year warranty for all finished products
5. shipped to you.

Your job: pay me $ 150 for installation costs,
and freight (if you have not already paid), to receive it and enjoy the music.

quanghao

Hi all,

I'm confused about the transformer requirement. On page 17, Quanghao mentioned that the the DAC can be powered by max 0-9V and 18-0-18V. And now it become max 0-6.3V. Which one is correct ? I know that higher voltage = higher regulator temperature, but is 9V still acceptable ?

I already have an r-core 2x9V and finding good 6V transformer is not easy. The reason why I didn't buy the trafo from Quanghao is because I want to use what I already have. For the analog stage, temporarily I'll use Noratel toroid 2x18v 160VA while I'll get smaller r-core with four 18v secondary winding that I'll wire as 2 center tapped output.

These are the transformers that I will use, pls confirm that they're OK :
2 x 9V 30VA which I have already
4 x 18V 40VA

or

2 x 18V 30VA

or use only 1 of this :

0-6.3 X2 (1.1A),320-0-320(60mA), 0-15 X2 (1.5A)

DAC-END R (ES9018) complete
you have purchased the following items:

1. - DAC module assembled and tested with all componentsfive shunt regulator
2. - DAC controller assembled and tested
3. - Chassie
4. - Transformer 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A
5. - Output stage, only passive I/V

I will be assembling, finishing and inspection include the following:

1. All Input and output connectors
2. 4 x opam 2134 for IV
3. installation of parts, inspection and finishing
4. one year warranty for all finished products
5. shipped to you.

Your job: pay me $ 150 for installation costs,
and freight (if you have not already paid), to receive it and enjoy the music.

quanghao

Hi Quanghao, I have already sent a pm but not had a response. I have paid for 2x opa2134 and 2x opa627. I presume you will fit these instead of the 4x opa2134 if I pay the extra $150?

Hi audiodesign/quanghao,

1. What is the highest frequency that the coaxial input can support?
I have tested the coaxial input that frequencies higher than 48kHz were not able to lock. Any clue?

2. How do we set those dip switches?

Attachments

• DSC_0109 copy.jpg
    DSC_0109 copy.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
i2k92 2 x 9V 30VA which I have already[/URL said:
4 x 18V 40VA

I'm so sorry you about this,

1. you can use this, but pay attention to the temperature for 2 LT 1963.

2.in the long term should you use low voltage transformer more, to secure the heat
thanks

Thanks Quanghao. BTW, congrats for the baby. I can imagine how difficult to handle 2 babies at the same time (the DAC & real human baby).

I don't have the DAC yet, but I was thinking that it would be nice if a document could be prepared by Quanghao and Audiodesign about how to setup the DAC properly and what is the meaning of each jumper and pin...
I think that all the informations are alreay in the thread, but I must confess that I'm lost... maybe everything could just be placed in the first post of the discussion... this would be really helpful!
Thanks

Hi audiodesign/quanghao,

1. What is the highest frequency that the coaxial input can support?
I have tested the coaxial input that frequencies higher than 48kHz were not able to lock. Any clue?

I have tested the toslink optical and spdif coax inputs until 96KHz with different USB-spdif device without problems.

Which is your spdif device and cable ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.