DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

What I am missing with this kit is the toslink connector itself. I tried to find the optical connectors on ebay but I can't seem to find them, can anyone point me in the right direction?

TOSLINK Optical Input to Coaxial S/PDIF Module | eBay

Or better this one which includes display and can host a XMOS or Amanero USB board, but you will have to do the I2S mod.:

NEW AK4118 digital receiver board SPDIF input switch IIS with IIS support XMOS

If you buy the second you may want to explore better alternatives for the dac board:

AK4495 DAC Decoder Board Soft Control Supports Balanced Output DSD IIS Input

I have been trying to find a way to add both an optical input and an usb input to this board.

It's a pity the board designer didn't provide an option on the CS8416 pin 3 for an optical input, as well as on pins 11, 12 and 13 to put an input selector switch.

To add an USB input you can do it through the coaxial input or through I2S. The latter is more complicated, because you will need to implement a selector switch with a reed relay. All high quality DSD boards have I2S outputs, so you can connect it to the AK4395 board, but you need a selector, as I explained.

Interconnect wires also have to be short and with individual shield. If you are using ribbon wire, it can't be longer than 10cm / 4 inches.

Hello (especially ClaveFremen)!
Tell: whether the equivalent will be changeover on tonal quality of C38 condensers, C39 Elna RFS (Silmic II) 100 uF 50V by Elna ROA (Cerafine) 100 uF 50V and C14, C17 condensers, C31 Elna ROA (Cerafine) 47 uF 25V on Elna RFS (Silmic II) 47 uF 25V.
Thanks for the answer in advance.
Vladimir. Russia. Novosibirsk.

Hello (especially ClaveFremen)!
Tell: whether the equivalent will be changeover on tonal quality of C38 condensers, C39 Elna RFS (Silmic II) 100 uF 50V by Elna ROA (Cerafine) 100 uF 50V and C14, C17 condensers, C31 Elna ROA (Cerafine) 47 uF 25V on Elna RFS (Silmic II) 47 uF 25V.
Thanks for the answer in advance.
Vladimir. Russia. Novosibirsk.
For the optimal modifications, a couple of hundered messages earlier that subject was tackled. ClaveFremen even compiled a BOM which he published.

Don't expect others to evaluate the components of your choise for you. You ought to do that yourself.

lots of succes experimenting. ;)

Hi guys, this dac has come to me, I have a converter for cm6631a, I want to connect i2s, there is one question, connect directly to the input ak4396 or all the same right after cs8416 through 51 ohms resistors?:confused:

Attachments

• CS8416AK4393 lowres.jpg
    CS8416AK4393 lowres.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 496