DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

After a couple of different versions of the output, this proved to be the best ..

Attachments

• AK4396 mk4.JPG
    AK4396 mk4.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 827
Hi, I just assembled my 4396 dac, led light indicators indicate that the unit is powered on and seeing 96k signal coming in from s/pdif, but produces no sound at output, what would be the problem? I'm powering the dac with 12-0-12v transformer, and a 15v battery for the other input atm. Thanks for any pointer.

Hi, I just assembled my 4396 dac, led light indicators indicate that the unit is powered on and seeing 96k signal coming in from s/pdif, but produces no sound at output, what would be the problem? I'm powering the dac with 12-0-12v transformer, and a 15v battery for the other input atm. Thanks for any pointer.
Did you try lower rates? 44.1 or 48Khz? did they work?

Hi I have one more question, I'm feeling lazy in sourcing another transformer for the 9v line, and I read from somewhere that it is possible to short 2 pads on the pcb to eliminate the need of second transformer, but which?

Hello, please at the picture posted posted by potiron on the 3rd March 2012 :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...-ak4393-dac-kit-cs8416-ak4393-5532-a-128.html

I did some tests switching from dedicated power (9V batterie) and this shortcut to the 12V and did not notice any difference on the sound , at least with my amplifer, speakers...and my ears!. Guess that the key is a good transformer (torric).

Has anyone connected a Raspberry pi via I2s to this board?

I have a Rpi and the complete DAC board and would like to drive the DAC from the Pi.

Is there a schematic or connection details anywhere that would hep me figure out the connections for the Rpi I2S to 4396 chip.

The DDDAC can be successfully drive by the pi so I am hoping to do the same with the 4396 board

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thanks for the replies and information.

Rpi does not have SPDIF out, that's why I'm wanting to try I2s to the 4396 board which I already have sitting around doing nothing :)

I have the Rpi running with the PiDac from iqaudio.com. It sounds great but as I have the 4396 I just want to compare them for SQ.

I'm looking at the data sheet but I'm no tech guy :( Not sure what pins from the P5 header on the Pi connect to the 4396 for I2s, hence my original question if anyone has a connection diagram to help me figure it out.

I have a limited electronics knowledge but like building things :)