D AMP is back !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Could you measure it with scope so I will be 100% sure how much your gain is.

Output (no load) just before clipping. It is that small because generator clips lower period before id does upper one. 10v/div
p1010019.jpg

And this one is with max input that I can give
P1010020-2.jpg

Bender was right, those resistors were inductive, a lot. This is output 250kHz, 0.5v/div
p1010021.jpg

Hi, Luka.
I built this amp for subw, but it applicable for full range. It's only light (small power) version, now i assemble next version of this amp. Effeciency = 93..94%, you can easily calculate heating power.
My PS is classic 250W (~220V 50Hz) torroid with 20000uF capacitor per rail (48V*2 at idle), planned replace it with SMPS.

Hi bender

Effeciency is really high in my too since I can drive 4 ohm speaker with ~70w with no heatsink and fets heat up only about 10C

How do you get other voltages for amp(+/-10v if you have, 12v for fet driver...)

I will skip trafo and go directly on smps, just have to make new board which will have synchronization on it, everything else is already ready.

Because i need 90V per rail minimum, to get such power at 8Ohm load, in that case each of ballast resistors must dissipate ~2.4w..:hot:

With couple and 60V per rail, i can easily get 500w of continuous power, and ~900W of peak power at 8Ohm driver.

ps: one module provide ~500w at 4Ohm load, i think enough for home or car subwamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.