Cyburgs-Needle for Tangband W3-871S

Thank you for the reply AND the offer jemraid! These drivers are fortunately cheap and easy to acquire even in Norway. With shipping they'll cost me £35 brand new. I reckon postage from the UK will be a bit cheaper, but I also need some terminals and damping material from the same shop. If shipping is below £15 I'd be happy to take them, but you don't need to bother yourself :) However, very nice of you to offer this.

Req ; center speaker plan

Hi
all How can i get center speaker plan, as its shown in the picture
If any body have idea or the plan plz let me know.
Best Regards.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi
all How can i get center speaker plan, as its shown in the picture
If any body have idea or the plan plz let me know.
Best Regards.
Itsme_4ucz.:):):)

What about the FRS7? It is smaller and it has a little more sensitivity, 86dB, but lower power. (FRS 7 W - 8 Ohm)
Ive build a simple straight pipe with a cheap Fonestar speaker and it works great, it can go down to 40Hz (no measurements, but I can ear it).

Cheers.

P.S.

myvoigt.png

Last edited:
Dual driver in a needle?

Can you do it and is would there be any benefit to having say two FRS8s per needle? I have the Weems calculation excel sheet by John Rutter, where it asks for driver diameter, would I put in the diameter that would have the equivalent area of (2) FRS-8s (~4.25")? Thanks for your help/advice!
Bob

Hi;
I am hoping someone is out there and can offer some advice. I am planning a needle with 2 full range 3.5" drivers per enclosure (Hiwave HIBM65C20-8 BMRs). I have based the enclosure on the picture attached. Am I on the right track? I assume I should wire the speakers parallel to achieve a net 4 ohm load? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Cheers!
Bob

Attachments

• Two driver needle.jpg
    Two driver needle.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 655
I started with the basic Weems calcs and then got Martins mathcad files and modeled the HiWave drivers in several configurations, but decided to stick with the needle concept. See my final sim result. Started cutting wood and listened to the first unit tonight - so far so good. No stuffing yet, but will start to tune it after I have a few hours on the drivers. Best part is my wife thinks they look and sound good! I'm thinking I will use a black stain and a few coats of clear to finish them. So I have built a few small sets now, but never used any bsc/filters. Based on the spl chart, is there any reason/benefit I would realize on this pair? I'd rather incorporate it before I close them up if there is a real benefit.
regards,
Bob

Attachments

• MJK HiWave sim.jpg
    MJK HiWave sim.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20140416_172058648.jpg
    IMG_20140416_172058648.jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_20140416_202009381.jpg
    IMG_20140416_202009381.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_20140416_202726303_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140416_202726303_HDR.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 424
very interesting,keep going

-paralel wiring for 4 ohms is correct
-pls post revised drawing in accordance with latest sim
-sim result looks very hopeful
I would like to compare it with the ml-tl (sort of) that i have build
with the same 2drivers in parallel (h36xw5xd5.7;net 12L).

Art

Sorry for the delay in responding. See attached geometry and profile from the MJK mathcad files I don't have a drawing. Also, I used a combination of foam and poly fil in the speaker based on listening and tuning with input from my wife and kids. They sound really good. Internal dimensions are ~24x6x9.5

Attachments

• HiWave TL Profile.jpg
    HiWave TL Profile.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 910
  • HiWave TL Geometry.jpg
    HiWave TL Geometry.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 934
no 68 (not 6.8) . the elevation has a fairly small bandwith with translates
in a small inductance relative to the capacitance. Note that i used an
inductance with a dc-resistance of .283up to .4 is ok.
The enclosure i used is smaller than yours i.e 5.32" wide, this could
impact the results, that is a somewhat reduced rise and wider bandwith.If
you want i can measure it for you.

I am not sure i understand your question.In the pic Iused REW+UMIK1.
smoothing 1/12oct.
top graph: close-up masurement midway between the speakers
next : 8" midway in front (equels about 15 degrees off-axis) without a
filter
next : same but with filter as described before ,however parallel resistance
4.7 ohm (iso 10)
bottem graph: 90 degrees off-axis (ie to the side)
all measurements cabinet 7.5" wide as is your box i assume.
below 200 c/s not relevant since this is a 6 liter closed box and problematic
If you want me to comment pls let me know.
I think my CB with a subwoofer also sounds very good. The sound is more
agile then the tg9fd10-04. Particularly noticible with piano and snare-drums
On the other hand the tg9-s cast a wider image. End result once and awhile
i switch.

Attachments

• bkabepic.jpg
    bkabepic.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 264
Hello, I'm interested in making cyburgs needles, but I have a question about their bass. I saw comments that it is quite good for acoustic music, but I happen to listen to some rock and electronic music too. Anybody has some impression how do they perform on house tracks?

BTW, I will be using frs8, because I dont have a source for TB here at Lithuania.