Cyburgs-Needle for Tangband W3-871S

where to hide parts

I'm just about to start this for my kids room and join the Needles party. A bit late but still going strong I hope...

Question is where did everyone hide their parts for the filter? I think I'd like to stick it on the inside somewhere...

Lastly, I have a .6uH air core inductor but the recommended value is .56uH. Could I just remove a few coils (or add???) to get the value I need? But then by how much? Or is it okay to use the .6uH as is?

Tangband W3-871S Discontinued?

Parts Express only shipped one W3-871S and when I called indicated that they would not receive any more to fill my backorder as Tang Band had discontinued production of these drivers.

As I only have one driver I either need to find another one through other sources, sell the one I have or return it to Parts Express.

My first choice would be to obtain one. Does anyone have one available? If not, does anyone want to purchase the one I have at cost plus shipping?

Roy

chylld said:
About to build these finally after much procrastinating! Will be using some HiVi B3S with no notch filter.

What sort of material should I use for the damping? How much should I use? I foresee it being difficult to add/remove damping once the sides have been glued on :(

Glue everything but one side, and clamp the last side when playing with stuffing. When stuffing is good, glue the final side.

I gutted a pillow for stuffing material.

chylld said:
About to build these finally after much procrastinating! Will be using some HiVi B3S with no notch filter.
if the additional price is OK, you could try the new Markaudio Alpair6 in the Needle, absolute top notch driver and according the simulation the best low end response of any 3" I've tried in the Needle (and I tried a lot). I have a pair waiting to go in a needle (need to find some time).

Henkjan said:
if the additional price is OK, you could try the new Markaudio Alpair6 in the Needle, absolute top notch driver and according the simulation the best low end response of any 3" I've tried in the Needle (and I tried a lot). I have a pair waiting to go in a needle (need to find some time).

thanks for the tip, unfortunately I can't find any suppliers of mark audio speakers in australia :(