Cutting the big bevels on a miniOnken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Evan,

Yes we drifted off topic again and those are top notch blades. What would you suggest in the less than $100 range? (about my limit)

We have a good sharpening service here, but miles from my location.

we kinda like the FS Tool and CMT even for the 10" table and chop saws for all but garbage cutting (sometimes when you're cutting down a $500 cabinet for re & re, you may think you've removed all the screws) - enough quality carbide ( guess what, it's not all the same) to allow quite a few sharpenings - there are a couple of decent pro sharpeners either in town, or 1 day's courier away in Vancouver

a set of blades (main and pre-scoring) for beam or 14" sliding saw can easily cost $400, so it's nice to get some mileage out of them - a lousy sharpening job is generally not hazardous to life and limb, but can reduce the operational life of blade by at least half

blades

X2 on FS and CMT. For budget concerns the Amana Timberline blades seem to be decent. My impressions may be obsolete since I own dozens of blades of every increment from 4.5 to 14 inches and I no longer find buying more of what I already have to be a thrill. Thus my appreciation of an excellent saw shop, namely BAM in Salem Or.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.