### Counterfeit transistors

OK, have mail from ISCSemi !

The 2SC2922 with scratch are realy from ISCSemi. OK, less one problem.

The service of ISCSemi is very good and fast. I was real astonished.

Miss Lynn from ISC has send me per mail the Datasheets for the 1216 and 2922. because probs with Homepage of ISC.

When i look in the datasheet i mean that the data are same as the data from Sanken´s 2S. Or not ?

Datasheet of 2922 :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and for 1216 as pdf attached.

Big different between Sanken and ISC ?

Dirk

Attachments

• 2sa1216.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 183
Hello Small Boy (again) and all others,

Got the AN scanned and convert each page (8) in to a pdf file.
Sorry to tell you they are HUGE in size.
An RAR file with all 8 of them is 22MB.
Each file in turn about 4.5 MB.
Contact me direct so that I can send them to you.
It needs however a seperate 300V psu.
This instrument could be a very interesting project.
It will surely have it's use with all the counterfeit power transistors around that can blow up your expensive repair or project.

Cheers,
Tarzan

Yep, I think it is.
I had a quick look on ebay to find out if most of the components mentioned in the 30+ year old document are available.
Well the mercury wetted relay is available, as is the pulse generator.
The other components like the semicons can be sustituted by others.
Some parts as the psu can be simplified by a LM317 etc...

But I start a new tread this evening.

Let's declare war to the counterfeit transistors...

Tarzan

Here is my super fake on the right, genuine on the left. The die of the genuine is closer to 6mm x 6mm. I spent much time smashing the genuine. For the fake, or super fake, it was a matter of an extremely weak pliers force:

Notice how this super fake has numbers on it in the lower small circles, notice how the mold was easily removed. I also noticed that the mold in the genuine is so much stronger and is of much higher density, contrary to the fake ones:

And those were the so much fake, their sound sucks, and no numbers in the small lower circles:

These are excellent photos, rarely found on the net, I don't recall I came across very close and clean photos of genuine and fake. I can also provide excellent photos for genuine 2SA1943 and 2SC3281. If any one is interested let me know.

Last edited: