Cotton-insulated silver wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ed: If you derived that using an Arrhenius approximation, you grossly underestimate the time. There's an activation energy that needs to be exceeded to have the annealing process start. Remember, if you keep an egg for 4 minutes at 100C, you get a soft boiled egg. If you keep it at 39C for 6 weeks, you get a chicken.

SY,

I thought you would chime in on that you humor deprived soul, you forgot leap years and centuries!

I prefer my regular sized eggs at 3 minutes and the large at 3 1/2, can't we agree on anything?

ES

I'm not into esoteric and wildly expensive cables - simply can't afford them.
But in my country, we had a now deceased "diy"'er - Steen Duelund - that I had the great opportunity to work with in certain areas. One was, that 0.8 mm. silver wrapped in cotton cloth and wiped with your favorite cooking-oil was very, very good.
Some kind of magic is going on, and it's not due to the fabric or oil-at-choice.
Please experiment!

I'm not into esoteric and wildly expensive cables - simply can't afford them.
But in my country, we had a now deceased "diy"'er - Steen Duelund - that I had the great opportunity to work with in certain areas. One was, that 0.8 mm. silver wrapped in cotton cloth and wiped with your favorite cooking-oil was very, very good.
Some kind of magic is going on, and it's not due to the fabric or oil-at-choice.
Please experiment!

Oil is polar!

The difference between "polarity" and "polarizability."

The charge isn't restored, only a small fraction of it (in the case of oil, a VERY small fraction, unless there's the usual hygroscopic paper involved or if the oil is badly degraded). Remember, oil is just low molecular weight polyethylene.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.