Convert Krell 300iL to European voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Jampivot:

Yes, when the circuit is not coneted the red led go on, and when connected the red led go on too, but before when the circuit is not connected the red led go on and the display show FER, and when the circuit was connected the led go on and the display show --- blink and the amp power on/off/on/off every 20 seconds aprox. Now in every situation only the red led go on and nothing else. I think something happen with the microchip when i test for graph the circuit and test the real form of signal input in pin 31.

Regards
Hi,
Could you help me?

I have a Krell KAV-400 XI that I need to convert from 115 to 230 V.
I have heard that I will need a special chip to change from 60 to 50 Hz.
Can some one confirm this?
Or give more detailes on the subject?I need full information.I'm engeneer.

Regards

Zsolt

Z, read from page 1 - all this thread is about converting Krell audio products. some of them have(like my 300iL) chip that will work only with 60Hz, some needs just simple switch flipping or similar rewiring of primary winding of power supply transformer. wish you belonging to the second group.

hello, I want to convert my krell hts 7.1 U.S. 120V/60Hz to do work in Europe 240V/50Hz.
toroidal transformer is:
part: TC0075-0013
cust: hts2
input: 2x0-100-120 volts

Fuse F1: 250v no amperage, dark gray

processor U1: motorola
MC68HC16Z1VFC16
OH35S
QQHDO126

U3: M114636
U4: M2146136

SWITCH:
SW1: 2
SW2: 1
SW3: 2

the back of the unit, next to the IEC power there 50/60hz

I read the whole post and I think I have to put the switch to 2-2-2 for 240V.
I have to do something else?
how we recognize a processor that works in 60hz to another who works in 50/60hz?
thank you for your help

Hi,

I have a problem.Could you help me?I have a KRELL 7.1 showcase processor,I bought from US,but I live in UK,so I can 't use,because the frequency 50Hz in UK,voltage 230V.

do you offer me any modify in Krell? upgrade kit,or build 60Hz clock signal generator?

Regards,sonyvaio2006

Attachments

• 20130522_022658.jpg
    20130522_022658.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 289
  • 20130521_230344.jpg
    20130521_230344.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
It might not be a voltage conversion that is the bigger obstacle.

Frequency may be your problem.

Feed 230Vac from a small (500 to 200VA) autoformer and see if the unit switches on.

If the correct feed voltage fails, then it's because they have soft/hardware detecting frequency and preventing power ON.

One further point...

I just phoned up Absolute Sounds again and asked them for the combination. They told me that it now costs £550 ~ $1000 to do the conversion because there is a microprocessor running at 60hz in there that needs to be converted to 50hz. This sounds to me like absolute codswallop. I think their business must be getting hurt from people importing from the US on the back of the weak dollar.

I just hope Krell email the combo....!

A microprocessor running at 60hz? :D

That is an absolute lie! Tell absolute Sounds I said that. What do they take us for? Rank amateurs? How stupid do they think their customers are? Thieves and liars they are! It's not the first time they have told that LIE!

I've just sent them an email linking to this post. Let them chew on that for a while. The LIARS!:no:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.