Convert 120Watts to 15000Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewT said:
The fissile elements were created during/soon after the Big Bang.

But to me it’s so wonderful, where does it all starts and ends up, no body actually knows. We only test it in theory, but that might not always the real truth but it’s very near it mostly because we don’t have a second explanation, because it sounds mental, like most will belief

AndrewT said:
I thought the fusion process only created (joined up smaller elements) upto iron (Fe) or thereabout.
Only some of the star's lifespan. When it goes supernova, heavier elements are created, and that's still fusion in a star, so my original statement is correct.

jacquesl said:
Ok so what about hydrogen, what made that?
Quark->hadron transition in a tiny fraction of a second after the Big Bang made most of the hydrogen nuclei, and about a million years later recombination with electrons gave neutral hydrogen.

How about this, let’s take Carbon //Isotope C-12 or C-13 and knock some neutrons out some or something and convert that to C-1 and it will hopefully disintegrate to hydrogen H-1 and we can get some energy back and in the mean while generate some hydrogen to make fuel, will this be possible??

Quote: How about this, let’s take Carbon //Isotope C-12 or C-13 and knock some neutrons out some or something and convert that to C-1 and it will hopefully disintegrate to hydrogen H-1 and we can get some energy back and in the mean while generate some hydrogen to make fuel, will this be possible??

And how much energy will you expend to "knock some neutrons out some or something and convert that to C-1" ? Think it'll be less than the energy created by the "C-1"'s natural breakdown into "H-1"?? :rolleyes: :whazzat:

How about a small portable power supply with a build in fission unit, it take the CO2 and do some neutron capture magic inside and amplify the input.
It’s like a Watt amplifier, are there any way of doing this one?

You can use anything, CO2 is for free : just an example

Yes, I know, it’s impossible; you need watts to amplify watts, but what about a small nuclear reaction inside the PSU, this stuff doesn’t exist yet, and use the hydrogen to feed a fuel cell, if It have to, you will probably not want an internal combustion chamber inside your UPS or TV. lol

Take the CO2 make the C turn into H via neutron capture and then you just use that O2 + H = Energy
If you turn C to H there will be some energy release I’m not yet 100% sure where, but somewhere there will be a gain, because it took energy to make H-1 turn to C

Maybe I’ve answered my own question?

jacquesl said:

So this is why U and Pu is so packet with energy.

The Big bang was too hot for elements to form. As the universe expanded and cooled simple particles formed from the quark goop of the big bang. Later these particles cooled further to form hydrogen, and much later super large stars formed composed of hydrogen. As the stars fused Hydrogen, fusion products (mostly helium) fell towards the core making the stars more dense and hotter. Then these elements began to fuse. Eventually the stars fused even heaver elements (up to Iron) growing even hotter until they exploded. During the explosion, heavier than iron elements were formered and blown into the dust clouds as the star blew to bits, which then later collected into new stars and eventually planets. ie the Earth and all planets are composed of elements born in stars (or star crap if you perfer a more humorous term).

FWIW: Don't ever expect backyard fission or fusion power supplies. For one, they are danagerous and can be used to make dirty bombs. Second. they spew out lots of nasty ionizing particles (gammas, and neutrons) when they generate energy. Nuclear energy will always remain outside the realm of individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.