Comparing LME49810, 49830 and 49811

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The only problem I see is the slew which is 15v/us and that is relatively low when compared with 810. Is it possible to get more slew out of 811? like 50v/us.

I am fixing with 811 as its more pure. Like I said If its possible to get more slew then its fine is that internally fixed?

I do agree that we dont require more slew in general but on selling front it makes big different.. and to be precise the slam will be great...

I wonder we can make it higher in a simply way as everything contributing to slew rate (except the comp. cap) is integrated.

Ft is good @ ? Toshiba don't show a plot for Ft, just a typical spec value.
hFE is good @ >=10mA Toshiba don't give figures for <10mA
Cob 26pF @ 10Vce. About 5 to 10 times too high for VAS and pre-driver duty.
SOA 100mApk @ 55Vce for 100ms, one shot pulse, with Tc=25°C. This precludes it from driver duty at medium and high supply rails.

Save them for 50W into 8ohms amplifier drivers.
or as buffers in line drivers
or other low SOA duties

Biasing the STD03P/N

Hello,

I read somewhere in this long thread that the use of STD03P/N paid does not require the use of VBE multiplier. Can anyone kindly elaborate on this?
Does this mean that we can set the bias current using just the fixed resistors instead of a transistor acting as a variable zener and measure the quiscent current value across the emitter resistors?

I also see the quest for lower THD+N. What is the final outcome? Sonically what inferences do we have?

Thanks in advance!

Proper VAS and Pre-driver transistors. There are many here that recommend suitable types/models.
Proper driver transistors that suit the duty you require.
look up Greg's database for many examples.

Mostly they are sanyo which are decent.

I have a question that adding a pre driver is compulsory for lme49811?
Will there be any sonic benefit adding a pre driver even for lme49810?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.