• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

no.
Correct wiring and routing of wiring can give a silent power amp output.

I have a very small chassis (hey...it was free, so no complain) and wires run besides the transformer. Please see picture

Attachments

• IMG00263-20100825-2121.jpg
    IMG00263-20100825-2121.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 477
how do you 'lift the earth'?

if the buzz has gone when the earth or the chassis ground is disconnected you could try a large 10 ohm resistor from the chassis ground to the case that will also stop the buzz but still ground the boards.

i have a good star ground but the PC i use as source is just too noisy this worked for me although i will change it for a CL-60 NTC later. do not interupt the main safety earth from the socket though that should still be connected to the chassis with nothing between it.

Last edited:
if the buzz has gone when the earth or the chassis ground is disconnected you could try a large 10 ohm resistor from the chassis ground to the case that will also stop the buzz but still ground the boards.

Hi...thanks. The boards sits basically on the anodized heatsink and so far, i have not notice the heatsink conducts electricity through the chassis.

The other problem is the LED. On one channel it turned off quite quickly (about 1-2 seconds) while the other took about 2 minutes to turn off. It slowly dims until the light dies off. Why?

I just finished mine. Surprisingly nothing exploded when I turned it on.

I do get 22mV off set on one channel and ~60mV on the other channel. I se a single transformer (The one from Poland recommended in this thread) and no pot.

Should I be worried about the difference in offsets?

I just finished mine. Surprisingly nothing exploded when I turned it on.

I do get 22mV off set on one channel and ~60mV on the other channel. I se a single transformer (The one from Poland recommended in this thread) and no pot.

Should I be worried about the difference in offsets?

nope the offset in everychip is very random only way to get 2 the same is to buy alot and test each one and pair them up as close as you can .

those numbers look fine and the offset can be + or - mV