• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

For LM3875 I read in the manual that you use always transformer 300VA for monos or stereo. For stereo some supplier advised me that it would be better instead of 1 300VA to make 2 monos with 2 160VA. What is your opinion about that?
(My speakers are small and the listening distance is small too (about 80cm))

Thank you!

"Pin 1 and 4 on the chip are power pins and they connect to the planes in top layer. Please
make sure that corresponding connection pads have enough solder in top layer as well."

It seems easy to me to solder the front pins on the top side, but things at the back pins are quite narrow, how can be solder applied on the top side?

Thank you

A quick pic of the cramped case

20160206_174517_zpsisr2armm.jpg

Try adding a snubber across the transformer primary, not across the switch.
They make snubbers that integrate a resistor and capacitor inside the one case specially for this.

isn't a RC snubber suppose to go in parallel with the current? also can you guide me to finding the size of a resister i would need? i have a 3w 330ohm here i could use but that may be too high.

well here's more pic's. going to use some thermal epoxi to "glue" the lm3875 to the heatsink instead of the thermal tape. tape just wasn't secure enough and i dont want to drill and tap to mount them. also going to try to add a cap accross the power button to help it not spark as much. other then that she's done.

20160207_094333_zpssxugrtgl.jpg

20160207_094258_zpsntjuhdum.jpg

20160207_094148_zpsg2tmsgut.jpg