Comment on Grounding Scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark.

I'm only trying to cover the generality of historic installations. Griping about detail like this is a waste of time. Of course the load return will be to the closest PSU reservoirs, but this makes absolutely no difference to the principle. I'm talking about general principles, not individual installations. You have to apply some effort if you want to understand this, not just throw in every trivial objection you can think of.

Everybody else might like to consider that the load return is the dual of the send, not the power rails. The frequency of the AC in the rails is twice that in the send. We have no real interest in what has gone round the loop from the amplifier to the speaker and back, we're only interested in what's jumping off the rails before it gets to the amplifier. As such, it won't be reflected in the load return. To that end we're only interested in the load return as a conductor to the star point.

when something works fine, i leave it alone...:D this is me....i hear what the others say, but it has never been my practice to use the pcb ground traces as speaker returns....just can't make myself do it, am i nuts or what? :D well, except maybe some low power gainclones, but for amps greater than 250 watts, that is what i do...and when i say amps, i mean big amps....:cool:

:cop: and with this i am closing this thread.....it has run its course....readers will find good stuff here and i can not think of anything more that can be added here...

Status
Not open for further replies.