• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried placing your op-amp in front of my headphone amp driving HD800 with a bypass switch. It is different. How different, well I can explain it in this way: You take an extremely beautiful girl to bed and experience awful sex. Then the next time you take an extremely ugly stuttering girl to bed and have great sex. Both objective and outcome are the same and both are disappointing but in different ways - so what are we looking for?

Your concept is interesting but it looks like the character is defined by the front end op-amp according to my simulation. In that case I can hang it onto any amplifier and enjoy the fact that it is virtually free from all harmonics other than the second.

I haven't sat on my hands you know, I was intrigued by what you demonstrated but I am trying to understand the objective and the process that drove the idea beside light particles.

Dear Nico,
What I have is a vague idea of what TI have done in the OPA134, blame it on the whatever they have hidden that I dont know about :)

The choice of op-amp is flexible and what is really interesting is the amplifier.

You had better share your thoughts so we can chip in. The last secretive guy here was thrown overboard as shark bait.

Am talking ;)

I tried placing your op-amp in front of my headphone amp driving HD800 with a bypass switch. It is different. How different, well I can explain it in this way: You take an extremely beautiful girl to bed and experience awful sex. Then the next time you take an extremely ugly stuttering girl to bed and have great sex. Both objective and outcome are the same and both are disappointing but in different ways - so what are we looking for?

Lets have great everything ;) , beauty and awful are subjective .

njm4565

Here is the integrated performance with NJM4565 on board. Rise and shine Nico ..Really how was it?

Attachments

• int_njm4565.png
    int_njm4565.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 953
Hi Onaudio, building an amp on a whim is not always possible, because there are so many other variables that will affect the outcome, the simulation proved interesting.

Thus it was a matter of trying your ideas on a similar topology rather than just simulating and viewing a graph trying to conclude whether subjectively it could sound good or bad.

I think this is where a lot of us go wrong, we simply try to draw conclusions from simulations.

Its performance is different, I cannot comment what part of different I enjoyed, the outcome was pleasing. But to conclude that it is the best I have heard would be unfair, one has to get used to the difference and listen to a lot of material before coming to any reasonable conclusion.

So it is best to leave the lights off, then you can be motivated by only performance.

Its performance is different, I cannot comment what part of different I enjoyed, the outcome was pleasing. But to conclude that it is the best I have heard would be unfair, one has to get used to the difference and listen to a lot of material before coming to any reasonable conclusion.
yH5BAEAAA8ALAAAAAAPAA8AAARe8EkJap341cbYWhcGOCTnLQowjWR5KoiqkUDgcDWsWrUAND0egNEI+CrGCsJQ6QCHnkpiWVl0rh8F7FCofr4o2LKr+QCyOgNZo03x1ASZBkGnH+ByCuCu7uZFPBkRAAA7

Thanks for the good work Nico. I am targeting at-least 20% of the about 200k members, to build this amplifier or the http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/198500-symef-amplifier.html. For it to be a success 80% should give a favorable response, that's about 30k members :) .

I am still waiting for pcb design volunteers. Well we have some way to go.

Thanks again
drink.gif

OnAudio, are you going to take your amp further, for example a builders thread, or will it end here? I vote that it has the potential to be a nice group project.

Dear Nico,
Thank you. It is a wonderful group project. Alex has been kind enough to include defeat able speaker protection :cool: . Could this also serve as a builders thread or do I start another thread ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.