Columbus DIY Audio Club

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jay_WJ said:
I wasn't aware of this thread. I had lived in Columbus for 7 years, from 1999 to 2006 before I moved to Bloomington, Indiana. I still occasionally visit Columbus to see friends!

Let me know if there's anything I can help with :).

-jAy

I for one, would sure like to have Jay as our "Honorary Guest" if he's in town for a Columbus Audio get-together.

I like Bloomington better than Columbus, I must say, having lived there for a few years in the mid '80s. One of my favorite restaurants, Rudi's, is gone though. I trust Mother Bear's Pizza is still doing well?

Jay_WJ said:

Why? How big is it?

Lol....Somehow I managed to wander away from this conversation, and missed your reply Jay. Also I didn't get any email notifications of the thread additions since. Anyhow, The room is 20X 16 but the shape and openings are probably the issues. Drawing is lame and obviously not scale.

Jon

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 136
Would be happy have another meeting(s). Would like to find some mutually liked music for future meetings.

Some of the tracks I like to use for testing don't seem to be well known, one is Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" - I have an "Alpine Reference Test CD" with that (and other songs) on it.

I think cello is hard to reproduce particularly well, so I like YoYo Ma's Bach two CD set.

I suppose I like most classic rock, 90's progressive, and 80's pop - but, I don't think I'd use the 80's pop for auditioning speakers / club meeting...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.