• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

CNC kits for Mark Audio. UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not necessarily an expensive kit in terms of quantity of material, but the size/weight when packaged for secure transport to your destination could easily double the cost.

Louis' suggestion of looking for local CNC workshop is exactly what we've been trying to promote for years.

A friend is about to complete his CNC set-up and is currently fine tuning. Should the cost of shipping be prohibitive maybe the design can be had for a price and have it CNCed locally.

Not necessarily an expensive kit in terms of quantity of material, but the size/weight when packaged for secure transport to your destination could easily double the cost.

Louis' suggestion of looking for local CNC workshop is exactly what we've been trying to promote for years.

Joey- that's exactly the type of local cottage industry we've been trying to promote for years. Just note that there are some conditions of use that apply to commercial implementation of some freeware and paid subscription designs under discussion here. They are not usurious - costing well less than a couple of hours of programming time that would be amortized into a production run.

Some copyright holders of such designs may even have DXF or DWG files available that can at least form the basis for individual CNC operator's machine code, and equally importantly I should think, would ensure compliance with the original design.

Last edited:
Anyone even got a pair of 12's? I need to make some test boxes for a client, and will probably produce a sealed version and a SuperPensil.

I've had 12p Super Pensils for a couple years now. The drivers have been treated by Dave, and sound VERY nice. Listening to a pristine vinyl copy of "A Hard Day's Night" on Parlophone as we speak. Sounds amazing!

jeff

Louis - next you'll be asking for consensus on "best" or most practical enclosure for the 12P

good luck with that :D

All snark aside - I've only heard them in Jeff's SPs, and a small stand mount vented ( MarKen12T or some such nomenclature) - the Pensil absolutely smoked the smaller enclosure - like shooting fish in a barrel

Other Alpairs in similar design enclosures (different sizes, obviously) work quite well, but there's a lot to be said for a floorstanders.

Nice CNC work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.