CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

Hi
If you see this it's means you device is damage. System can not recognize this USB device. It is not a driver issue. You should contact you provider.

I have put this driver for the first time. Maybe something wrong with the device or with the usb power or with some ground connection or I don't know what else... View attachment 598788

Send from Huawei Mate8

Finally i did receive the ES9018k2m board from diyinhk.com

I can't find nowhere the datasheet and i have lot of questions.

I mailed ESS and the answer was :
''ESS Technology does not manufacture end-consumer products. Therefore, please contact your OEM system provider for hardware and software support, including drivers. ''

Is there anyone who have decrypt pinout and its functions?

Finally i did receive the ES9018k2m board from diyinhk.com

I can't find nowhere the datasheet and i have lot of questions.

I mailed ESS and the answer was :
''ESS Technology does not manufacture end-consumer products. Therefore, please contact your OEM system provider for hardware and software support, including drivers. ''

Is there anyone who have decrypt pinout and its functions?

Here's the datasheet:

http://popcornhour.hu/media/news/a-500_pro/es9018k2m.pdf

You should contact diyinhk.com for all questions regarding your board.

I had a cm6631a breeze audio device with driver issues i got from Flashing with USB Audio FW update tool (2, 0, 1, 3) in Windows 8.

My breeze audio cm6631a device was broken.
I found a solution.
This should only be a last resort. If anyone else considers trying it, do not do it unless your DAC seems to be broken, and you have given up.
I had tried fifty times.
There is a utility for flashing usb devices called Zadig. Its used in SDR and also comes with Heimdall suite for samsung phones. I pointed it to my device. Tried
To select a cm6631 firmware folder where i had extracted and placed all files on this forum.
It seems like it flashed my unit with a generic libusbK driver included with zadig regardless of my efforts to point it to the 0101 firmware file from this thread.
After flashing with zadig, and having made 50 unsuccessful attempts to flash with usb2.0 audio FW Update Tool for an hour before that, the first attempt I made to use USB FW updater was successful. It was not only recognised, as was the case only in win7, but the flashing process was successfull. Desperate times called for desperate measures.
I would not dare to try Zadig unless all other methods has been repeatedly attampted and exhausted.

Oh Happy Days!

Last edited:
Hi everybody. Please tell me:
1. I want to make 8сh usb transport on the basis of CM6632A.
2. Where to get the full documentation on this chip, on the official website it is very dull, and I do not understand where to dig further (
3. For 6631A there is a utility generating the flashing CM6631AconfigurateTool. Is this the case for 6632A?

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Hi
1. Please try open source sdk for CM66xx. Dropbox - CM6631A SDK
2. Document is in above URL.
3. No, the configuration tool can not use on CM6632A.

Hi everybody. Please tell me:
1. I want to make 8сh usb transport on the basis of CM6632A.
2. Where to get the full documentation on this chip, on the official website it is very dull, and I do not understand where to dig further (
3. For 6631A there is a utility generating the flashing CM6631AconfigurateTool. Is this the case for 6632A?

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Hi
Yes, I work with CM6631A. The configuration tool can not work with CM6632A is because configuration tool only configurate 2 channel. For multi-channels there can be more combination. Some vendor use 2 channel codec + 6 channel codec. Some vendor use 8 channel codec. It is very hard to write a configuration tool to fit all combination.
So I think the best way for CM6632A is to write a customer firmware by vendor.

tdtsai Thank you very much for the link and the answer. Tell me, did you work with 6631? It will be much more difficult to organize the output from USB via 6632 8 channels of I2S?