Classical music anyone?

I found the video on 35mm film recording to be a bit lame. ethnically, I found the explanation of tape print-through to be somewhat unclear, rather than a definitive statement that print-through is the actual transfer of the magnetic transfer of the signal from one physical position of the tape to another position in the wiound tape, due to the thinness of the tape. Also, sometimes the "pre-echo" phenomenon at the beginning of a record track is apparently a physical phenomenon associated with cutting the lacquer master (I can't remember the official term), or due to using thin vinyl in the final pressing of the record.

Also, I take issue with the concept that sprocket holes were a plus in minimizing wow and flutter. If you look at photos of some of the 35m m recorders, many appear to use a "loop" tape systems where the ingoing and outgoing film is controlled why a single sprocketed capstan. This is very similar to the "Isoloop" system used by the fabulous 3M tape recorders. I say it is the use of a single capstan to pull the film through the loop, that is the basis for the better wow and flutter of the 35 mm system.

There are many issues with 35 MM in suse, and now as an archiving issue. A Google search will disclose these. One is a great set of slide by Thomas Fine, sone of Robert Fine and Wilma Cozert.

Surely there must be a better video on the history of 35 mm film recording.