Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

@ IRSound,

Will you be kind enough to share your pcb bottom copper for etching...my acquired film caps does not fit on Sir Miles pcb artwork..:( I think we are using the same type of film caps. Your D200 is now working, am I right? Too bad my desktop failed last Sunday..hard disk failure. I can't work on my CAD files :bawling:

Regards!

Attachments

• oversized_film_caps.jpg
    oversized_film_caps.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 1,619
@ IRSound,

Will you be kind enough to share your pcb bottom copper for etching...my acquired film caps does not fit on Sir Miles pcb artwork..:( I think we are using the same type of film caps. Your D200 is now working, am I right? Too bad my desktop failed last Sunday..hard disk failure. I can't work on my CAD files :bawling:

Regards!
not enough space for those caps, same problem with me....:D

not enough space for those caps, same problem with me....:D

Hi! Suryadi,

Yes it is going to be a problem when the only film caps you can find in your place are those bigger film caps (same here..:D), mine are rated 275v, polyester types are also available and are rated at 250v but still, the same bigger size as with those 275v film types :(

Sir Mile,
Wimas are hard to find here in my place and if not they are expensive, I guess the only option is to design a new pcb to accomodate these bigger caps we had..:)

Regards!

IRSound,
That is OK man..no problem! ;) I am liking your design though...:D

Hi Les,

I'm still stuck..can't work on this amp...there's always a problem on parts size..:D
I actually wanted to use Litz wire for the inductor, said to be designed to reduce skin effect and proximity losses in conductors. Gerry Morales uses this type of wire on his Class D builds.

Regards!

Attachments

• Litz_wire.jpg
    Litz_wire.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 1,453
100nF/100V and two 0R1/2W instead 0R1/5W was add with litle pcb change.

Dear Mile,

Nice to see that you are working on the new PCB. But I still see there's no space for a heatsink on outputs.

When I turn off D200, it will give me a funny noise (like a siren going from high to low frequency) until rail caps discharge. Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Last edited: