Ciare 250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh thats quite true! I see. Thanks.

Horn loaded?? May be an interesting experience. Do you think I can pick up a project from an other brand, f.e. fostex or lowther etc..., and adapt it to the PH250?

What speaker parameter should I look for? I mean should the Qts, Vas or what parameter of PH250 has to be as close as possible to the exisiting project's speaker?? Or maybe a horn has been already developed for the ciares and you can remeber some link to that project.

Or had I better buy an other full-range coming with an existing horn project? I noticed fostex are not that expensive (compared to supravox, lowther etc...) and have nice and very detailed enclosures' plan for horns too. I would not spend so much now as I am buying the parts for a new preamp but ... I'd like to build a new pair of speakers.

I realize I am really a newbie ...

Gianluca

Kemmuri said:
I was wondering how low you can go (hz)with the baffle dimensions of 110x60 ? Do need a subwoofer this these dimensions ?I love fullrange drivers (only one driver in speaker) so I don't no should I start this project ?????

You should use side walls (40cm min) then rolloff starts at 70/80 Hz and the sound is well-balanced. Nuuk has the same result with MDF as I have with plywood.

I've been told that the rolloff frequency for an OB can be calculated dividing the air speed (340m/s) thorugh two times the diameter (in meters), in equation: 340/2d. This applies for a circular baffle...

In case you use a baffle 1,10x0,60m your efective diameter would be around 0,6m, maybe a bit more...that would give roll off at 280Hz.

Using two wings of 0,4m each increases the baffle size...imagine unfolding it...you get a baffle of 1,1x1,4. If you have your driver mounted in the middle of the baffle, the effective diameter would be the 1,1m, implying in a roll off at 150Hz. Assuming you put this baffle on the ground, you can place the speaker closer to the ground (which act as an infinite large baffle). Now you effective diameter increases, and you could get a lower value for roll-off.

This all is based on info I've gathered around in my own search for an open baffle system. Anyone feels free to correct it!!

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.