cool spanish you have :cool:

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,289
from junk to life

Hello friends,
this is my second amp.
I'm Training with junk before spent on good stuff.
For this one I use two PC psu cases, an old 80's burned car amp.( changed two tda1515 and it speaks again ) and a home made 4A Power Supply .
Note that I only use the case of the psu, I tryed in my first amp use the PC PSU 12v x 20A , the audio was fine, but it generates a strong TV Interference while connect on the dvd player. so never more.
Could be better with a black paint, maybe next step before the next amp. thanks . feel free to do any comment .

Attachments

• DSC06560.JPG
    DSC06560.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 2,076
  • DSC06558.JPG
    DSC06558.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,915
  • DSC06551.JPG
    DSC06551.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 1,772
Peter or anyone else,

i bought the audiosector Lm4780 kits and i am using them bridged now (balanced input). In total i use 4 amps for biamping a 2-way setup. I am very hapy with the sound, but i was wondering if it is worth to try using a carlos Fm snubber on the low pass amps and leave the high pass amps according to the original kit. I have the caps available, BC components 15000uF, 40V would these be suitable?

thanx for any reply on this.

regards

Harold

Just completed a small chipamp project with my son

Just completed a small chipamp project with my son.

LM1875 chipamp that he will be plugging his ipod into. We used the chasis from a ring of death xbox360. Internal metal chasis worked well for mounting everything and the xbox external makes it cool for my son.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the layout before we put it all together. toroid xfmr at the bottom of the case feeding the amps at the top. Power supply in the middle. Signal and outputs run along the top side of the case. power feeds up through the middle. Put the heat sink outside; recycling the xbox heat sink for fun. Just testing it out, but amazed with the sound quality compared to my adcoms, nads, etc.

Attachments

• IMG00132-20101230-2048.jpg
    IMG00132-20101230-2048.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,204
  • IMG00133-20101230-2049.jpg
    IMG00133-20101230-2049.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,181
Just completed a small chipamp project with my son.

LM1875 chipamp that he will be plugging his ipod into. We used the chasis from a ring of death xbox360. Internal metal chasis worked well for mounting everything and the xbox external makes it cool for my son.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the layout before we put it all together. toroid xfmr at the bottom of the case feeding the amps at the top. Power supply in the middle. Signal and outputs run along the top side of the case. power feeds up through the middle. Put the heat sink outside; recycling the xbox heat sink for fun. Just testing it out, but amazed with the sound quality compared to my adcoms, nads, etc.
Very creative and aestethical solution. What did you use as heatsinks?

Amazing!

Holy Mist. I've worked in some tight spaces in my time.:rolleyes: Nice tight assemblage but was it necessary . Maybe a smaller box. A redo will be a bugger. Good work. Been there done that but I'm not sure bout the eyes.

...snipped photos...
The complete story is found here.

Mick
[/QUOTE]

Your point-to-point wiring technique is amazing, Rangefinder! The lead lengths are short enough that your hand wiring could easily perform better than a circuit board. Job well done!