Chip Amp Photo Gallery

Re: Is it worth the wait?

mrsbadcrumble said:
Thanks Richard and all.

Upload your pictures to PhotoBucket and and add through the 'IMG' button. Kinda round the houses but now I know.

I hope it's worth the wait...

shinybricklittle.jpg

And with the top off...

topoff.jpg

Pleased as punch...:)
It's nice job mrsbadcrumble

you portioned power section from amp section,It's beneficial to prevent magnetic obstacles.

You'ýý can add capacitor to power board except others,which are on the amp board

Finally
your amp is being seen very nice

troystg said:

If you use Microsoft XP OS on your PC there is a free group of add ons called "power toys" that do various things. One is "Image resizer". Right click the picture and resize. That simple.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

I loaded Vista, went back to XP. I loaded Microsoft 7 beta, went back to XP... I know, I know, "it's Linux time" <wonder if MC Hammer is going to patent that one>.. :D

Nice tip! That will come in quite handy. I've used Visualizer Photo Resize up until now.

Anyway...back to the photos!

gychang said:
mrsbadcrumble, where did u get the extension bars for the knobs?. I need web site in USA...

gychang

I found sourcing the mechanical parts took a long time but was quite good fun. Some of the contributors to this forum have excellent websites and they put a lot of detailed about the electronics but forget the ‘nuts n bolts’ aspect leaving you with no option but to search the web.
Unfortunately the web is a word based search engine (at least as far as I know!) and you need to know the name of the ‘thing’ you are seeking. You should also be aware that identical products will have different names in different industries, and that’s before you take into account different countries!

The extension bars are made up from a Brass Coupler ¼” and 6mm aluminium rod cut to length. What isn’t seen in the photo is that each extension bar passes through 6mm diameter bushes held in the front plate.

Brass Coupler - Made by Jackson Bros in the UK but I got them via ebay.co.uk from a seller called Mainline Electronics Ltd. They say they post worldwide...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4636-Brass-Co...id=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293:1|294:30

Good Luck

Jeff

@ryan750

chief ryan ok yan :)

@lanchile

May i ask you sir what's your room temperature at your hometown. thanks

One reason why ryan use fan, is because we could not find a better heatsink here unless ordered it online which will be better to buy a OLD model kenwood av receiver here, because of the price and the tax. 2nd is the room temperature, actually the one i posted uses smaller heatsink to what ryan posted but the same type "because i need the lm4780 to be compact. The circuit actually good when our room temp is at 29c below, but when it return to normal 32c up, you cannot use it at higher volume without the fan :).

Anyway so much for that :)
Before i plan to buy a good case from china but because of tax here, i decided to buy a 2004 model kenwood av receiver which is more powerful and better in terms of sound quality.:D

Anyway more power to all chipamp users :)

chief ryan why not use your lm chips for front or stereo music then used transistor type circuits for backup subs :)

Ive got bargain china mosfet amps, at raon :)
Its very cheap but no warranty, i gamble the rest of my money for that old stock looking "no warranty" china mosfet amp. I tested it at home a poof, it drives my two 8inch subwoofer at exact driving volume i think. I go back to the store and i get all the remaining circuits "lolols"

chief t68kv!!!! are you a mamber of pinoydvd?? :)

we'll you're right, heatsinks are a bit expensive here in manila, room temps are a little high also here, :)

i'm pretty conternted with the result of my diy sub and amp :)
here's the sub in action, :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3WLpLiDuE

i'll build another stereo lm3886 for my fronts, :)

@ t68kv
btw, in what store in raon did you bought your china mosfet amp??

fyi, i've found a store near ongpin that sell some scrap heatsinks for 200php they are pretty large but have some odd shapes, :)

i'm also thingking about buying a surplus amp at pier, :)

May i ask you sir what's your room temperature at your hometown. thanks

One reason why ryan use fan, is because we could not find a better heatsink here unless ordered it online which will be better to buy a OLD model kenwood av receiver here, because of the price and the tax. 2nd is the room temperature, actually the one i posted uses smaller heatsink to what ryan posted but the same type "because i need the lm4780 to be compact. The circuit actually good when our room temp is at 29c below, but when it return to normal 32c up, you cannot use it at higher volume without the fan .

Well, I live in New York! Here the temp in Summer is from 80/98
But, I do not see it how it will get hot unless I put it in the oven hehehehe
There is always a DIY staff lol. You can build your own heat sink from copper or aluminum or you can visit a local electronic shop and ask for an used heat sink.:smash:

There is always a DIY staff lol. You can build your own heat sink from copper or aluminum or you can visit a local electronic shop and ask for an used heat sink.

This is what we always do :) "luck or extra cash"
Heatsink on our local elecshop is very thin, usually good heatsink is also came from junk amplifiers, if your lucky enough to get some :)

Still
Fanless is better, no need for extra supply or regulator just to run the fans :)

Well room temp affects greatly on the amplifier case. My kenwood AV R will get very hot at 32c up temperatures compare with 28c below temps.

I might come to china for some cheap alum case :) haha

@ chief ryan

i bought it at electronics shop at left front of deeco "deeco near at alexan", check it out, last time i check it they don't have it on their display.

But if you want just pm me, i used the two circuit while i never know where to use the one left hehe.

Bass I Love You! is the one of the best test song to see subwoofer's maximum excursion.

BTW, My clips on my 8inch sub.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6N6YnRIE0

Finaly finished my litle gain-clone project.It is a stereo setup with 1 lm3886 per chanel. My goal was to make it as small as possible and as simple as possible while having a built in transformer. The simple part i think i got right, beeing that i did not put in even a power switch :D. The pcb-s for the project are based on the ones made by BrianGT(thank you). The case I built is 21 cm(W) x 16 cm( L) x 4.6 cm(H). Its made from aluminium. Regardind the sound....like all gain-clones I believe...excellent.

Attachments

• gainclone.jpg
    gainclone.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,360
marckus said:
Finaly finished my litle gain-clone project.It is a stereo setup with 1 lm3886 per chanel. My goal was to make it as small as possible and as simple as possible while having a built in transformer. The simple part i think i got right, beeing that i did not put in even a power switch :D. The pcb-s for the project are based on the ones made by BrianGT(thank you). The case I built is 21 cm(W) x 16 cm( L) x 4.6 cm(H). Its made from aluminium. Regardind the sound....like all gain-clones I believe...excellent.

Do you have pictures of the inside of this please?... it looks very very good on the outside!

deadhead said:

Do you have pictures of the inside of this please?... it looks very very good on the outside!

Thank you! Here are some pictures of the interior.
The transformer is a bit on the small side (120VA) but it does it's job. The heat sink is kind of small...it does get quite hot when i turn up the volume ...about 60-70 degrese C , but the case takes away some of the heat. Considering that the lm3886 has thermal protection i'm not worried.
The front part of the case is made from a piece of thin(but very nicely machined ) aluminium about 0.5 mm thick epoxied to another thicker piece of aluminium.
I'm planning on adding a litle LED on the front somewhere, so i do not forget it turned on, and possibly a power switch.

Attachments

• gainclone int.jpg
    gainclone int.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,339