Chip Amp Photo Gallery

My LM3886

Hi, this is my first ever audio project. It works quite well and there are not mayor issues. Thanks to all the members that helped me through the process.

Attachments

• img_4457a.jpg
    img_4457a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4,388
Nice box, but the heatsink is on the small side.
Which will shorten the life of the amp, which will up and leave, with your speakers, as you have no protection, sooner rather than later. I think you can pick up a more suitable sink for between 10 and 20 dollars...

And For Sanchez's amp, you should add a fan underneath the grill to help distribute the smoke when it starts burning...

Nordic said:
And For Sanchez's amp, you should add a fan underneath the grill to help distribute the smoke when it starts burning...

Thanks for the advise Nordic. Should I use a regulated supply for the fan? :D

No seriously, as I mentioned I have made many holes on the acrylic cover and there is a now lots of room for the air to go through in and out form top, bottom, back and sides. I have to say that I have seen many chipamps in metal enclosures that seem to have much less holes or grill areas for air circulation.

Do you still think that using acrylic is too dangerous? Many people use wood, which would inginite as fast as the acrylic cover and I do not see .

Or is it that the heatsinks are too small?

I wanted to have fun making a transparent box so that friends can see how a very simple device could sound better than many of the expensive commercial stuff that they like buying. Howeve,r I am not intersted in running unnecessary risks.

Thanks

Antonio