Chip Amp Photo Gallery

tubee said:
All diy! the alu profile is halfly sawn and bend strip for floors and steps! Cheap and nice. The cooler is a nice blue anodised one from a Compaq PII server! It all costs me about 12Eu, besides the scrap parts i used.

Can you post a picture of the internals? Also can you please post your pwr supply? You said this was for a car? I would be VERY interested in how it compares to "commercial" amps...

The internals is some less fancy. Simple roughly cut perfboard, TDA1552Q chipamp with some external components (panasonic 4700 uF lytic and wima coupling/decoupling caps.) PS will be from car battery 14V, decoupled with some extra lytics.

When it's finished wil show pics.

JFET buffered with Discrete regulator without global feedback LM3875 based GC

JFET buffered with Discrete regulator without global feedback LM3875 based GC. Source http://www.pedjarogic.com/gc/index.html

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Boban

Dual Gainclone

My first attempt at Gainclone amplifier using the LM3876T chip ...sounds very nice with Lowther DX-3 in Martin King's MLTL + Raven R-1 supertweeter + a pair of Eton 11-581 TL subwoofers.

Not as fancy as some of the other G-clones on this site, but does the job well enough for me.

There are two stereo amps in one chassis for bi-amping the speakers (one amp for the Lowthers and one for the Raven ribbons). This Gainclone has been upgraded with nice Panasonic FC and Sanyo Oscon capacitors and an Alps Blue Velvet potentiometer.

More info and pics here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1146370182&view

Regards,

Steve M.

Attachments

• dual gainclone amp4.jpg
    dual gainclone amp4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 4,661
Re: Dual Gainclone

Steve M said:
My first attempt at Gainclone amplifier using the LM3876T chip ...sounds very nice with Lowther DX-3 in Martin King's MLTL + Raven R-1 supertweeter + a pair of Eton 11-581 TL subwoofers.

Not as fancy as some of the other G-clones on this site, but does the job well enough for me.

There are two stereo amps in one chassis for bi-amping the speakers (one amp for the Lowthers and one for the Raven ribbons). This Gainclone has been upgraded with nice Panasonic FC and Sanyo Oscon capacitors and an Alps Blue Velvet potentiometer.

More info and pics here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1146370182&view

Regards,

Steve M.

Nice photos and lots of equipment, just curious why is the power supply tricky?

I assume you like the Lowther best, I find at the end of the day, ie finally, you are making the Lowther 3 way!, I find FR is lacking in bottom and top end as well! That defeats the purpose of a FR. So I am now building a 2-way.

I enjoy looking at those photos, more importantly reading your brief descriptions.

cheers.