Chip Amp Photo Gallery

LM3875 Amp. Aluminum, Olivewood and Wenge woods.

front.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

Hi Philfr,
LM3875 is better than any tripath chip ad i tried al lot. The TA2020 and TA2012 are great but they have problem with high pitch singing ( women screaming), TA2050 are more accomplished with no striking problems but LM3875 is better, more natural and more detailed even, I was suprised about that.

Hi Philfr,
LM3875 is better than any tripath chip ad i tried al lot. The TA2020 and TA2012 are great but they have problem with high pitch singing ( women screaming), TA2050 are more accomplished with no striking problems but LM3875 is better, more natural and more detailed even, I was suprised about that.
Exactly what I think :)
After trying TDA2020, TDA2050, LM3886, LM1875, my best choice is 3875..
But today, I am not try LM3876 ?
Phil.

Lm3886 prototype

WmtUsoF.jpg

This a prototype for a pair of LM3886TF chip amps.
That's the one I am currently listening, right now. Component placement has been modified in the final version, this is just a stub to have something worth listening. I use this as a reference amplifier. An external capacitor bank is not shown in this photo.

kulamario it's not a TDA7294, it is an LM3886TF. As for the PCB, this is an old version I had around already made, it doesn't even have the the HF capacitors near the pins. Not worth sharing. You would probably end up doing it from scratch. Btw TDA7294 has a suggested PCB in the datasheet, complete with schematics, You can start from there. Please see doc CD00000017.pdf form the st.com website.

These days for a battery and solar are powered job I head straight for a Class D.
Thanks - I'd love to do this again with more than a day to do it:) I had a couple of 7W Velleman kits built from several years ago that had never found a home. Most of this whole project came from scrap or surplus so that was kind of nice.

I don't know whether I've heard any class D amps but they sound real interesting. I have in mind to build a small system for my daughter in college and that sounds like a possibility.

Also full disclosure, I double-posted this, having first posted here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/275879-solar-shoeboombox.html
and then after thought maybe this was the more appropriate location, opinions?

Back story is one of my kids is headed off for 27 months in Panama with Peace Corps, and 50/50 will be without electricity. He'd bought some new hiking shoes to wear and I suggested it would make a good solar powered boombox for him. Like me he's quite a music lover so this will greatly upgrade his experience there! Plus he'll be able to recharge other things with it.