China ES9018 4 layer PCB kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heidi DIY

I was referring to the promitheous guys already having to misspell it, because there were already a number of audio products with it spelled correctly.

sorry
my missunderstanding
I have already order the DIY kit.They told me the kit will be send to me 2month later. There is somebody who is hire by the hifidiy forum to test the kit, so there are many picture and test result about it.

Thanks you for your attention. I am spokesman from HIFIDIY.

HIFIDIY 9018 DIY Kit Typical Spec:
[Room, 24Bit,192kHz (J-TEST is 48kHz), NONE-ISO S/PDIF Input, Balanced Output]
[Audio Precision SYS-ONE 322 Plus Prism Sound d-Scope Series III, 100k Input]

Dynamic Range :
> 129dB (20Hz - 20kHz, Unweight, -60dBFS)
>131dB (20Hz - 20kHz, A-Weight, -60dBFS)
THD+n:
<0.0007% (20Hz - 80kHz, Unweight, -1dBFS, 1kHz Tone)
< 0.003%(<10Hz - >500kHz, Unweight, -1dBFS, Any Audio Frequency Tone)
Crosstalk :
<-160dB (20HZ)
<-150dB (1KHZ)
<-125dB (20KHZ)
Noise:
<2.1uV (20Hz - 20kHz, A-Weight)
<2.9uV (20Hz - 20kHz, Unweight)
<12.5uV(<10Hz - >500kHz)

Crosstalk Plot:
Actually this test is out of d-Scope Series III measurement range.
1.jpg

Noise:
It is not ES9018 best point but not bad.
2.jpg

THD+n (0.0026% , -1dBFS, 20kHz Tone, <10Hz - >500kHz Bandwidth, No More Filter):
Now ES9018 is best spec DAC all over the world. It is amazing.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

J-TEST:
24Bit/48kHz J-Test.
A bit low frequency spectrum leakage and spurious.
Almost no sideband spurious, excellent!
(S/PDIF cable based VanDamme Standard 75 Ohm Plasma Grade, two metres)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

HIFIDIY 9018 DIY Kit is good performance-price ratio DIY Kit for every diyer.

We are not best but we are growing better.

Anyway,it is just DIY Kit, we have to consider junior diyer - easy to soldering.

Enjoy.

sorry
my missunderstanding
I have already order the DIY kit.They told me the kit will be send to me 2month later. There is somebody who is hire by the hifidiy forum to test the kit, so there are many picture and test result about it.

Hi, Hifidiy have select one diy fans to test the DAC, named "new1510".

he's a funny guy, if you're interssting pleased see below site:

¡¾Prometheus 9018¹«²â°æÌåÑéÖÆ×÷¡¿¡­¡­¡­¡­Ò»ÇÐÓÉYY¿ªÊ¼£¡£¡£¡£¨³ÖÐø¸üÐÂÖÁ29.32Â¥) - Powered by Discuz!

most of words are chinese:D

From China

hmm, just read on hifiduino that this design has ONLY spdif inputs just like the previous china design (made by weilang) which is much cheaper with components included;
so another questionable design that preffers SPDIF over I2S , so not taking advantage of this DAC's full potential ; I heard the stories about the very good spdif implementation in the ESS dac, so please don't mention it again;
in my opinion there is no go for high-end using SPDIF in any implementation, so I have to say pass for this design too!

maybe the guys from HIFIDIY will notice the increasing demand for I2S input and act in consequence; the best async USB converters on the market (amanero, xmos) offer very good I2S/DSD outputs which are useless in this case...they even use ONLY the spdif output from their own CM6631 USB card design in the finished DAC (with case)

hmm, just read on hifiduino that this design has ONLY spdif inputs just like the previous china design (made by weilang) which is much cheaper with components included;
so another questionable design that preffers SPDIF over I2S , so not taking advantage of this DAC's full potential ; I heard the stories about the very good spdif implementation in the ESS dac, so please don't mention it again;
in my opinion there is no go for high-end using SPDIF in any implementation, so I have to say pass for this design too!

maybe the guys from HIFIDIY will notice the increasing demand for I2S input and act in consequence; the best async USB converters on the market (amanero, xmos) offer very good I2S/DSD outputs which are useless in this case...they even use ONLY the spdif output from their own CM6631 USB card design in the finished DAC (with case)

That's why they said it is for a DIY competition (not a complete commercial kit...yet), it encourages DIYer to expand and implement their own application ...I am almost sure they will provide some modules to meet different needs...let's wait and see

Considering that this device has a 100MHz clock, the decoupling is non-existent, and considering how critical decoupling is for both optimum operation and EMC compatibility and the fact the ESS device is soldered to the board, the least that could have been done is at least attempt proper decoupling capacitor placement, and populate the caps as these are critical.

That's why they said it is for a DIY competition (not a complete commercial kit...yet), it encourages DIYer to expand and implement their own application ...I am almost sure they will provide some modules to meet different needs...let's wait and see

'encourage them' by making sure they have to cut traces, or solder flying wires (the worst thing you could possibly do with i2s) if they want to use i2s or DSD?

decoupling a digital device with a 100mHz clock is not somthing that you want to be playing with, there is a whole wealth of information out there regarding decoupling and how to do it. Doing the job properly would be a benefit, the decoupling on that board is BAD,
if one of our designers did that on a clients job, they would be in trouble. The long narrow tracks add so much inductance as to make any caps almost useless.

decoupling a digital device with a 100mHz clock is not somthing that you want to be playing with, there is a whole wealth of information out there regarding decoupling and how to do it. Doing the job properly would be a benefit, the decoupling on that board is BAD,
if one of our designers did that on a clients job, they would be in trouble. The long narrow tracks add so much inductance as to make any caps almost useless.

Quoted for truth

quoting from that chinese site

Titans series is revolutionary products of HIFIDIY after many years of accumulation of technology resources reserve

this is the best design you can get after so many years of experience?? :eek:
I wonder when will the chinese market offer also some quality despite cheapo prices?

good luck in pre-selling your boards according to the received pre-orders

I found something interesting on HIFIDIY.net here's the translation:
014126pzc8n59c98a5lj3m.jpg

In the red box, a digital in mode has been designed. you can plug pin your self-made modules which may support:eek:ptical,AES,BNC,IIS and so on.
In the pink box, a digital out mode has been designed. You can build your own LPF and I/V with pin plugged.
In the white box, you may change the original clock to atomic clock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.