Cheap TPA3118D2 boards, modding them and everything that comes with it

75k/47k for 26k/47k, check gaintable in datasheet, I have mistakenly identified slave setting a couple of times, I won't do it again:) Slave without master clock is a different amplifier.

edit: and you were testing for hiss, how were hiss results ?

I looked at this and the closest resistor I had was 26k.
Before it was R1 39k,R2 100k.
Is that a problem?

The hiss was/is the same.

6175.TPA3118D2_gain_table1_zpsj4tnf4o4.png

So you were testing for hiss and your hiss is identicall for 10x amplification and 40x amplification. And you "much better" seem to prefer slave without master/clock mode, ~100khz random switchingfrequency amp.

It´s worse than that!
When I listen in and out, that PSU and the other,and telling that the Tripath
is dead quiet...
It is not anymoore.
Think I blow something in my USB ES9023 DAC.
Thats where the noice come from suddenly!
It used to be quiet, not anymoore, maybe it didnt like my on the fly
line out testing taking cables in and out.
So, dont listen to me.
:D

Great help, thank you.
Now I started playing with another idea: to make the enclosure modular, one module for power supply, one for input manipulation (input selector and volume pot) and speaker connecting post and one for the amp. In the flood of great little amps on the market at the moment, would be great if one could just replace the amp within seconds.

Poslano z mojega LG-D855 z uporabo Tapatalk

As many others here I have many amps and i just dust of my Tripath 3020,Connexelectronic.
Have some earth problems with it, no chassi earth right now which Im not
so comfortabel with.
But the sound is in another league I just realized when I listened.
Must be the best Tripath, not to flame TPA3118D2 but not sure if its getting better than
good priced amp.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
As many others here I have many amps and i just dust of my Tripath 3020,Connexelectronic.
Have some earth problems with it, no chassi earth right now which Im not
so comfortabel with.
But the sound is in another league I just realized when I listened.
Must be the best Tripath, not to flame TPA3118D2 but not sure if its getting better than
good priced amp.

You have had hissing issues with yours since day 1 - not normal based on others experience but I suspect you may have a lemon. Probably won't be ideal sounding. Might be bad chip or cold solder joint.