• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cheap printed circuit boards starting with 0,0375 Euro / cm2

YES! = the plating of Ag or Sn have between 3 - 7um , that depends of a lot of factors. Also, sometimes the plating is not "sticked" perfect to all traces. This is very difficult to be controlled because the "copper structures".

The percent delared " 1%" is the content of Ag in the in the volume of solution.

Are the copper traces plated with Silver, Ag?

Last edited:
The percent delared " 1%" is the content of Ag in the in the volume of solution.
that means the plating is NOT silver.

It is an alloy containing a maximum silver content of 1% and the rest is made up from tin (Sn) and other constituents.

Your description "Silvering (max.1%) = FREE" is wrong.

It should refer to tinning or some other appropriate term relating to solder substantially made from tin (Sn)

My friend,

Do you know what means " PLATING " in general ( is not ONLY by immersion)
By the way, SOLDERING is not also PLATING ?

Please don't try to " disturb" my thread with yours " scientific explaination"
I don't continue to convince you that all I declare are 100 % correct.
It is a matter only of yours understanding.
I really don't want to enter deep in details here about TINNING and SILVERING.

I really can not understand "yours attitude".
I have pleased you to continue discussion to private e-mail.
Here will never ended.

All the best,

Mihai

that means the plating is NOT silver.

It is an alloy containing a maximum silver content of 1% and the rest is made up from tin (Sn) and other constituents.

Your description "Silvering (max.1%) = FREE" is wrong.

It should refer to tinning or some other appropriate term relating to solder substantially made from tin (Sn)

Last edited:
Andrew,

This thread is not about TINNING and SILVERING
I will continue discussion with you ONLY on private e-mail address.

Some things you confuse. ( are used TWO separate solutions, that's are prepared one time / plating ( with trace surface calculation in order to dose the right Sn , Ag quantity........are a lot to descriibe about this)

1. Tinning contain TIN (+ other over 20 chemicals that fix the tin to copper traces and pads)

2. Silvering contain SILVER (+ other over 20 chemicals that fix the silver to copper traces and pads)

You are talking " alloy" .....of what ?
You understood that is MELT the solid TIN and SILVER, and the boards in immersed in the hot bath of those elements.
Here is your wrong understanding.
I explain you for the last time in topic:
Are IMMERSED in solution that looks like a WATER.
I hope you understood now.

My conversation with you was too much for a day.
I have answered you here ONLY to not create a wrong OPINIONS in the mind of others.

Of course, that is your right to think what you want about : what is RIGHT and what is WRONG.

If you have "against things" about my boards you can do it in "diplomatic way" by private message or as I have proposed you to my private e-mail.

A nice weekend I wish you,

Mihai

easy solution.
Don't refer to your process as "silvering..."

Last edited:
Regarding SHIPPING:
- Only in Europe
- Only through National Post Mail services.
- NOT sent to P.O. Box ( only to home address)
- NOT sent to company ( firm address )
- All packages are sent as " correspondence" ( max.2Kg allowed) , max. A4 format
-All packages are sent with ARRIVAL CONFIRMATION RECEIPT ( signature of receiver at arrival, in order to take the package, than the proof document is returned to sender)