Cheap ADSP21489 + 4in / 6out PCM1798 board

dear all, I purchased the card in question some time ago and while the Chinese software supplied free of charge, although with a limited number of functions, works well, with sigma studio I always encounter a lot of problems as unfortunately I don't know how to use it perfectly. Today I am referring to the spdif optical input which works perfectly with the Chinese software. With sigma studio I can also see the level bars dancing, but only a distorted noise from the outputs. Can you give me some help maybe with an example dspproj?

Dearest, in the meantime I actually solved it. After numerous attempts I found the sequence that works

Connect the card with the USB cable
With the CoreBoard Upgrade program, load MCU files custom made for USBi
Turn on DAC and start playing a song
Connect USBi - green light
Open sigma studio
Turn on adsp 21489
Load project - blu light
Compile download link
Allow all detectors level
OK
On this occasion I make a new request to everyone. In what format should the FIR files be uploaded? I prepared them with Rephase but they don't work. Do you have a FIR that works to attach?

While ago i wrote simple tool to convert .wav files into .txt impulses. https://github.com/igorpie/tools/blob/master/wav2fir.php and web version is at github too.
You can write your own tool. Just assume maximum value (2^23 -1 for 24 bit) = (2^23-1)/(2^23) = "0.9999999" , minimum value is in the same manner -(2^23)/(2^23) = -1
It's very simple , just scaling to max bits value and sout to text.
Sometimes I start virtual machine with webserver and you can convert wavs into text online http://s.shift-line.com/wav2fir/ , but not always

Might be useful to someone so I measured THD+N on this DSP with PCM1798 DAC. Fed with SPDIF in and E-MU tracker Pre as analyzer I got this result:

thd dsp.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I Got hand on the fir48 software ,it workshop flawless for the 2,0 version i Got ,the 2,0 version don’t support sigma studio and usbi ,so if anybody needs the fir48 software ,send me a mail ,i Will be running my dsp i2s ind and put ,using 4 pc of dddac as output dac into an eight Channel preamp i build this Monty and running the inputs purely digitale ,created a spdif card with the wm8804 chip and a tentlabs 12 MHz ocxo ,Can switch between 2 spdif indputs and 2 i2s indputs , i have build new power suply for the dsp board ,the switch mode pus suplyed by the vendor ,are to noisy for my taste ,Will be a Nice system with only one conversion between the digital and analog world