Cheap 24/96 DAC, Revision B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Neutrik uses a material for their male XLR that has a high dielectric loss (I measured them) in comparison with others. Female ones don't seem to have same problem.
Compared to the loss you get in the cable, this is miniscule due to the short signal path. Certainly not worth the price difference, unless you are paying for brand name.

Prune said:

Compared to the loss you get in the cable, this is miniscule due to the short signal path. Certainly not worth the price difference, unless you are paying for brand name.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not a loss, but dielectric memory. High quality cable DA is much less unless you use crap stuff. Measure them.

:hot: :hot:

hello everyone :)

After a long time being lasy I decide to build this DAC and I want to ask a few things.First I want to know about this DAC is autoreset.If s/pdif out of some device is turned of and turned on again do I have to reset DAC manualy???Also I want to know that can I replace LT1962 regulators with LM7805.:confused:

If anybody know please help.

Thanx in advance

This design is not auto-resetting. Sometimes you must reset the receiver manually after disconnecting the cable.

LM7805 would not fit on this board, but you could alter the design to accomodate them. LM7805 will have worse performance in this role compared to LT1962.

Unfortunately I have no boards for sale. The drawings are available for download in this thread, and they are ready to be sent to board manufacturers.

Good luck!

DJ_Looly, this was posted earlier. See attachment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to try shunt regulators. What would be the most appropriate parts to substitute, i.e. making minimal changes to an existing build?

Attachments

• rst.png
    rst.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 349
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.